Disneyland for WDW Veterans

Wanted to post this somewhere.

5 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You nailed it. I think I’ve had those same conversations.

I actually tried to criss-cross MK like I do DL and it really does feel like a lot more work. No wonder the boys opted to skip out on the parties.

3 Likes

In fact, I just did this on my tour. We had Oga’s at 8:30 or 8:45, and DS wanted to do Grizzley before it closed at 10. So we had to run out through Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Mainstreet during MSEP traffic (when I had my panic attack at the Tea Cup Crush) to make it into DCA and onto Grizzley in time.

We made it juuuuust in time.

3 Likes

This is a great thread. I’m sorry to be so late to the party, but I’m planning a trip to DL, and decided to read this thread.

Two comments:

• I will never ride Space Mountain at WDW again. It’s too jerky for me. I will still ride it at DL, but not more than once per trip.
  • I prefer Incredicoaster to RRC, but mainly for the theming. I would rather have Disney related rides. It’s also why I prefer Guardians to ToT.

One question, because I know you’ll be helpful Jeff. Is there a trip report thread for DL? Do people do trip reports? I always like writing a trip report, and was hoping to post it here.

Our trip is January 28 - February 1. Can’t wait! I’m going with my sister. My last trip was WDW in late 2019 with my 17 y/o son.

4 Likes

There is not a sub-category specifically for Disneyland Trip Reports, but people post them under the regular Disneyland topic, or in La Cava if you want it to be more private. Please write one up! It’s always great when the west coast gets a little more attention!

Here’s one of mine just for reference:

3 Likes

Great! Thank you - I’ll read it tonight!

2 Likes

Many of us write TRs for DLR! I wrote 3 last year. So, please write one and take us along!

I went to DLR around the same time in 2022, for the Lunar New Year Festival in DCA. It was our first time for that event. As another example of a trip report, here’s the one I wrote for that trip: LunEAR New Year.

Looking forward to reading about your trip!

6 Likes

Thank you! I will read it tonight!

2 Likes

I just needed to jump in here and say how helpful this thread is. Big thanks to @Jeff_AZ for the map mashup and to so many who contributed other details.

2 Likes

I just showed my daughter the map - she is so excited!

2 Likes

Wait, back up a second. At the time you wrote this, there were two more rides at the two parks in DL than in the 4 parks at WDW?

3 Likes

That’s correct! There are a lot of rides jammed into these two parks. Especially DL park.

4 Likes

Holy carp! This is amazing!

1 Like

5 Likes

This is such a late reply, but made me laugh. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dreaded a walk from one place to the next at epcot :joy::joy:

At this point I’ve seen too much of Canada and UK, I use the boat now to get across.

Boy that walk from Remy to frozen or up front to the back can feel like forever.

2 Likes

Once back in the day when you had to get fastpasses at the machines outside of the ride, Test Track had been down all day. After every single Future World ride we did, I’d go over there to see if we could ride it if it was short or get a Fastpass. It comes to be lunch time. We have reservations at Chefs de France. My whole family got to leisurely enjoy their meal while when I saw Test Track go back online ran down there and back and I believe it was something like 2 miles round trip but that was awful! Thankfully being able to book stuff on our phones really helps so I just mostly do Epcot in circles and might back bounce between a country or two.

5 Likes

Tomorrow is my 60 days to going to WDW, so I know dining opens up there for my entire stay.

I’m about 68 days to DLR. there is no +10 there, it’s a 60 days, one day at a time, right? And what time do they open up?

1 Like

Correct. And sometimes not all reservations are loaded right away, so keep checking.

Start checking the night before (maybe as early as midnight eastern). I’ve noticed that sometimes they are posted then and by the next morning availability is more spotty.

1 Like

Oh goodness. So it could be anytime? Yikes.

1 Like