Mask update for WDW and DLR

16 Likes

I love how they send these update late at night so that we scramble to inform our clients before they hear it on the internet… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

With, you know, a day’s notice

7 Likes

Well, washing our masks tonight to pack for next week’s trip…sigh…

5 Likes

They put their mask prices back up yesterday. I guess that was like their pre-announcement :rofl:

15 Likes

OMG no sir! Really?!

3 Likes

I actually bought a bunch for my son when they were half price bc I figured he might need them for school. Guess I made a smart choice.

4 Likes

That’s true, I remember reading here about it yesterday.

2 Likes
7 Likes

The package of Shop Disney masks I purchased for $6.99 (on sale) a few weeks ago are now $19.99.

4 Likes

That is so gross (the mask pricing thing).

And the lack of notice is upsetting.

9 Likes

It’s so disrespectful, and yet completely Disney of late.

8 Likes

I am going to claim bragging rights… I called it! I knew they would change their mask policy when everyone else said NO WAY. OK ya’ll made me doubt myself, but I didn’t see any other way they could go under the circumstances in Orlando and especially after the CDC changes. This makes me SO happy!!!

10 Likes

…me hoping still required indoors at end of September. I don’t trust the unvaccinated to actually be wearing masks🤪

12 Likes

I for one am very happy about this. We leave tomorrow for WDW and, despite all of us being vaccinated, had already decided to wear masks indoors. I am worried about Delta and had some misgivings about not canceling. This makes me feel much better. I know many people will be unhappy about having to wear masks and will complain about the short notice, but this is great news for those of us who planned our trips when social isolation and masks were in place and then had to resign ourselves when everything changed in the space of a couple of weeks. I only feel for the CMs, reinforcing this will not be fun for them…

21 Likes

This is what plays in my head every time I think about the mask :mask: honor system

14 Likes

Yes… they will have a rough time of it

3 Likes

But you had weeks to decide that. That’s my point. You could have bowed out had you decided you weren’t comfortable. And let’s just suppose you HAD! Now you’d be upset that they changed it last minute and you could have gone.

I am 100000% team mask

But I also know people need to plan.

11 Likes

At least you are still going. My DH wants to cancel our trip in 2 weeks. :sob:

4 Likes

I feel the same. We arrive next week. I have been preparing, bought mask lanyards and disposable masks. I told the kids at dinner tonight that we would be wearing them in tight quarters (HM stretching room, was my example).

5 Likes