Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

Everything I’ve seen/heard so far does state that indoor masking is recommended in high surge areas. Orlando FL… well all of FL would fall in that category :cry: I can see how it could be overlooked though.

1 Like

The news today reported that that indoor guidance applies to 4-5 MA counties. With our vaccination rate, Delta is kicking our a**. That Provincetown outbreak is still climbing. The great news is only three are hospitalized.

3 Likes

This is hilarious but also true. Lets keep this board open. If folks don’t like it then don’t read it.

This is a real issue and this board has maintained respect far longer than I thought possible.

5 Likes

IDK if I’ll be able to watch this but I’ll share the link for the Orange County Covid update meeting today at 4:30pm EST if anyone else is interested

(521) Orange County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | July 28, 2021 - YouTube

2 Likes

Another link from The Atlantic (Spoiler: all FL is HIGH Transmission :frowning: )
How can you know if your area has substantial or high transmission?

The easiest way to tell is to go to the CDC’s COVID Data Tracking website and see what places are orange (substantial transmission) or red (high transmission).

3 Likes

So the other day, Shop Disney had their masks for super cheap (like $5 for 4). I added them to my cart to wait for a free ship day. Well today, they are back to full price. This could be in response to the surge and possible mask requirement at the parks again.

12 Likes

Happy to see the conversations being “allowed” to continue. Free speech is still in effect last time I checked. Also, glad to see our leaders and reporters being held accountable by thorough research by you Liners.

Thank you to all for being reasonable and respectful even among the disagreement. :grin: Let’s hope we don’t need a part 4! :confused:

9 Likes

please please please

4 Likes

This made me laugh this morning as I listen to the morning news anchors go crazy critisizing the CDC… btw… not helping :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

I read this on her YLE Facebook page this morning and I also laughed quite a bit.

I am so grateful that Katelyn took on developing the YLE page and blog. She has such a breadth of experience and is excellent at weeding through the fire hose of information and sharing it in an easy to understand format.

3 Likes

and as I read through it I cried too, b/c she is saying all my thoughts out loud… all my anger and frustration. Adult is not a verb it’s a noun :sob:

3 Likes

Yes, but most Disney forums banned COVID threads well over a year ago.

This is a thread posted in the Walt Disney World category- not “LaCava, Other, or Meta”?

8 Likes

yup. This was the part of the Q&A that I identified with most…

Q I have to say, I am beyond annoyed that yet again, those of us who have been super careful, masking, DOUBLE masking, getting vaccinated as soon as possible, distancing, staying home, following all the rules… Now, AGAIN we are being asked to be the adults in the room so 30% can remain children. Frankly, I honestly don’t much care if the vaccine refusers become a statistic. I’m tired of having to care about those who do not care about me.

A You should be annoyed!! And frustrated. And tired. I am. But the solution is deeply rooted in complex issues: chronically underfunded public health system; polarization in politics; public health integrated into politics; terrible scientific communication; a fragmented healthcare system; suboptimal scientific illiterate base; and, health equity. We aren’t going to solve these tomorrow.
So, don’t do it for the never maskers. Don’t do it for the unvaccinated. Do it for the immunocompromised. Do it for the kids. Do it for the elderly. We can’t leave them behind. Once we get those folks fully protected, I’m all for survival of the fittest. Be angry. But just do it with a mask on.

That last paragraph says it all, especially the last two sentences.

21 Likes

me too

1 Like

Probably because they were not respectful early on. A few people can ruin it for everyone. Same with other social media sites. This is EXACTLY the reason why this should continue here. We’re a group decent people with a common interest and can be a caring, reasonable crew.

12 Likes

Yep. I’m angry and over it. I’ll wear my mask where I need to. But I’m not stopping my life or the life of my children any longer. We are still doing our thing.

2 Likes

“I am going to ask everyone, regardless of their personal feelings, to support the decisions of their local school/district regarding any protocol they put into place for the new school year.

I believe that throughout the country educators are committed to full in-person schooling. Each district/school will put protocols in place that they believe will keep your children and all children safe in every environment.”

With all due respect, the above communicates to me what to respond while the comments about not yelling/name calling etc. communicate how to respond. I don’t want to go back and forth, but I don’t see how there’s any misinterpretation. You clearly asked people to support safety decisions regardless of their personal feelings.

ETA We talk a lot on this thread about respect. Sarcasm in a disagreement is not respectful. At least twice, there has been sarcasm directed at me by the same individual. I’m a big girl and can handle it or leave, but just wanted to point out that it’s not unnoticed.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily agree with masks for my vaccinated 12 year olds. But if the school requires it, they will wear them.

I’m not sure what religion you are, but in this situation, I look at Romans 13. I know not everyone shares the same beliefs. But this is how I view it since I know the school boards and authorities are not out to do my children intentional harm.

6 Likes

Yup- we do that every day. We put cameras on our school buildings, don’t allow people into our classrooms without fingerprints, we practice fire and active shooter drill.

I am a public school educator and I knowingly go to work each day prepared to do whatever I need to do to protect your child.

I am not being sarcastic. You think differently than I do. It is important for me to hear different perspectives.

10 Likes

I am Baptist. I can respect your application of Romans 13 to this situation. In your view, no harm is being done and you are following your conscience according to Scripture.

For me, nowhere in Scripture does the Bible give blanket authority to human institutions (governments, schools etc). In fact, in Acts 4:18, 19 when the authorities commanded the disciples not to speak about Jesus anymore (restricting their God given -not Government given- right to free speech), their response was it was better to obey God rather than man. The human authorities we have are instruments to protect our God given rights, not suppress us into their will.

My view of all-things-Covid may be different than yours, and that should be ok. We are first accountable to God, then human authority.

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity for including my view of Scripture in my pandemic response.

1 Like