Mask update for WDW and DLR

Chapek gonna Chapek.

16 Likes

For what it’s worth, this is just reverting to the mask policy they had back in May. Which I thought was going to be miserable but really wasn’t that bad. Far more tolerable than expected. (Buy a lanyard. That’s my tip.) But the sudden change with no notice is absolutely jarring. I get that too.

11 Likes

We also bought a crap-ton for school because they were SO cheap. Glad we did.

4 Likes

yes… and it was manageable. Lanyard is a great idea, I use one. Two days notice… I hope they will be handing out masks to guests

3 Likes

I think I would probably be able to deal with it, but my DH has been very transparent all along that he does not want to go if we have to wear masks at all. And I can’t blame him for not wanting to pay a whole bunch of money for a vacation that he won’t enjoy.

7 Likes

I am so glad Disney is doing the right thing in this. Delta is out of control in Florida right now. I was surprised Disney wasn’t reacting. Hopefully UOR will follow suit.

19 Likes

Well, I guess I will be cancelling our August and September trips. I have no desire to do Disney with a mask on. I am really sad, but steadfast in my decision to cancel.

5 Likes

Here’s the newspaper picking it up:
Disney World to require all guests to wear masks indoors starting Friday - Orlando Sentinel

1 Like

This was probably the right call, but I wouldn’t like it if I had a trip scheduled, so I can sympathize with those who are disappointed. Indoors isn’t too bad though - manageable, at least.

I hope they will remove this mandate within a month or two if cases come back down - I assume they would do so once spread is no longer “substantial.”

11 Likes

That’s honestly my hope. I don’t want to do Disney in humid rainy September with masks. I will, but I don’t really want to.

3 Likes

Sorry, this sucks. I sucked it up for 2 trips with masks, but not sure how I’d feel now after they were already gone but now implemented again. Any move they make a bunch of people will be disappointed.

4 Likes

but at least they’ll have a better chance of being alive to complain about it.

14 Likes

Oh no! My DH is not happy about either, but we are still going to go. This trip is to celebrate our 20th anniversary -which is today-and we had planned it anyway back when the mask mandate was in place. It is disappointing personally since we are all vaccinated, and I’m not sure how “protected” everyone is in outdoor areas anyway like HEA for example, but it is what it is and we’re going to try and make the best of it. Any chance you’ll still go?

12 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Happy Anniversary!!!

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about outdoor areas for HEA. It was packed!
Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Doubtful.

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

We leave in two days and I am so relieved that they are putting indoor mask requirements back in place. Those of us going are all vaccinated, but we have to come home to my daughters who are too young for the vaccine. I was looking at a heightened possibility of bringing the virus back with us with crowds of unmasked people around us for a week. Yes, it’s still possible but I feel more comfortable now. We will be bringing rapid tests along as well to do before we get home. I actually tweeted my first tweet ever yesterday to WDW GS to ask for indoor masking and distancing to return. I do feel bad for folks who feel it will take away from their fun, but we did masks indoors and outdoors last August and got along fine. I am relieved they won’t be required outdoors anymore, that’s an improvement even since my last trip in April! And, honestly a part of me hopes that crowds will lessen due to those who won’t go because of masks.

11 Likes

Happy anniversary!!

1 Like

Most of us saw this coming though, right? When CDC announced no masks for the vaccinated we were like - Wait! What?
Right?

16 Likes

You’re right. Honestly, I just felt so relieved I wanted to express it. I know many people will feel the opposite and will express themselves here as well. I do hope Disney will waive any cancellation fees for anyone who’s unhappy with the policy change. However, by the very nature of this health crisis, where things change dramatically in a matter of days, I’m not sure how much notice they could have provided for adding restrictions. They could definitely have provided more notice before removing them. Regardless, until all of this is over, there doesn’t seem to be anything they can do to satisfy everyone

8 Likes