Marvel Cinematic Universe

I love that they used Spacehog. I wonder if the soundtrack will be grungy?

4 Likes

Me too! I would love sone grunge in this one :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah I would love some newer classics as well. The soundtracks are such a cool part of GotG.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised. That’s kind of the way they’re going with a lot of the “first round” Marvel cast. Either they die or are otherwise written out of their movie series.

4 Likes

DD got me the GOTG Lego advent calendar. Today was a box of tools, including an eye! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Just back from Wakanda Forever. Good movie. A little long.

And I wish we knew no post crawl scene :rofl:

6 Likes

Can’t be a real Marvel movie :scream:

5 Likes

Did positively LOVE the tributes to Chadwick. Those were well done.

5 Likes

Where did I read that there wasn’t one? I thought it was here but didn’t find it scrolling back.

I mean, where else do I go?!?

4 Likes

I tend not to read until
I’ve watched. So it may have been mentioned but I didn’t see it.

4 Likes

I think it was here.

3 Likes

I looked. Twice. But missed seeing a warning not to wait.

Maybe another thread.

We waited clear thru one movie for scenes that never appeared. Can’t recall now which. It’s off putting.

5 Likes

I enjoy staying through the credits even if there is no chance of anything being after them. All those people in the credits put in a lot of hours of hard work, the least I can do is watch their names scroll by.

Plus the bathroom and parking are all cleared out by then too! Extra bonus :grin:

9 Likes

All of this is spot on.

4 Likes

One of my coworker’s son has worked on several Marvel projects. We clap when we see his name scroll by. :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

6 Likes

The older nieces (who live in Atlanta) have a friend in costuming whose name pops up regularly. He’s even been to our house.

I’m still not staying if I know there’s no scene.

5 Likes

It was clickbait but I clicked anyway.

@Shmebulock @ThorKat , seems like I am not alone in my disdain

4 Likes

I wonder who the article thinks are these MCU fans who are so fickle, as they claim, to adore Ragnarok so much, but want Waititi’s head on a stick after L&T :thinking:

Ragnarok is widely considered one of, if not the best movies of the MCU. The writer of that article clearly loved it so much that L&T was never going to reach those lofty expectations. AFAIC Waititi gave the fans exactly what they wanted after Ragnarok. That it failed to impress this writer isn’t for lack of trying from the director.

I’ve yet to watch a Waititi movie that I didn’t like, so I’m not the MCU fan you’re looking for :wink:

5 Likes

I didn’t read the article. I had read how bad Love and Thunder was. For various reasons. I’m no Jane Foster fan and was hugely skeptical of Jane wielding the hammer.

I liked the movie. It worked for me. Even Jane. I’ve only seen it once - hoping to see it again at my sister’s over Christmas. Ragnarok was probably my fav Thor movie. L&T may move it into second.

But then my main favorite is Antman. Or Capt Marvel. Definitely GotG both versions.

Don’t need to ever watch any Ironman again, or most Avengers movies. I’ll probably fast forward past all Loki parts.

All of which is a boring way of saying, MCU might have something for everyone. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Interesting. You’re definitely the first person I’ve heard say that.

My only problem with L&T (and it’s my problem with some DC movies) is that the baddie isn’t a bad guy. Gorr - the butcher of God’s - should be loathsome. We shouldn’t be rooting for him!!

I still find Natalie Portman meh, but she didn’t spoil the movie too much.

This is why I find the argument against Waititi’s direction as being too parody rather than humour a bit pedantic. What captivates so many fans to MCU (especially Vs DC) is it’s ability to not take itself too seriously. It’s strength comes from doing serious bits seriously and funny bits hilariously. Watching it the first time I cried both from laughing too hard and from the bittersweet ending. That’s winning direction IMO.

4 Likes