Marvel Cinematic Universe

If a person were to want to watch this franchise of films would they be best off to watch them

• In timeline order
  • In cinematic release order
  • Some random order I know one of you freaks will suggest

0 voters

I know I’m not supposed to watch the credit scenes.

Ok I don’t know that but I’m told you’ll know what that means.

8 Likes

:astonished::confounded:

Why? Wha…? Why? I don’t understand the words being typed on your end of the interwebz…

12 Likes

I watched them all back to back before the last Avengers one came out. I did in release order. This works well so then those teaser scenes at the end of the credits play into what the movie studios were releasing next…so you saying you’re not supposed to watch them is weird?..you are supposed to watch the movie through every last stinking credit so you get all the teasers

8 Likes

I’m SO EXCITED!!

I forgot something mentioned in Loki so I told the boys we need to watch them all over again. Next thing I know I was standing next to 2 dust clouds that were in the shape of my loved ones after their fast exodus. ( I watched them all as they came out. Again after End Game. Again with DH all the way through. And finally with DS this past summer It was glorious!)

DH and I disagree on watch order. It’s actually SUPER hard to watch them as intended (especially if you tie in TV shows). In the order I did, it had me going from TV show to 3/4s of a movie to the end scene on another…it was madness.

7 Likes

Release order. Always release order. We’ve watched them 3 times through (as adults, then with ODS, then with MDS/YDS).

6 Likes

Release and timeline are relatively close in the MCU, so you can’t go wrong either way.

3 Likes

The first time through we watched in release order. The second time, we went in timeline order.

3 Likes

Changed my vote to cinematic. I think it works out pretty similar, but they build a little with each one. You can watch either way and still be happy and won’t really be lost (anymore than you might be).

5 Likes

Timeline order. Absolutely. But you can skip Iron Man 3 and Hulk. Hulk isn’t on Disney+ yet, so easy decision.

Edit: someone out there put together a timeline order that actually specified certain segments of each film since time travel and flashbacks need to be put in chronological order. I don’t recommend that, I just think it was funny.

5 Likes

bateman-i-have-to-return-some-video-tapes

5 Likes

TBH, it doesn’t matter. My first time watching was:

1. The Tobey Maguire spiderman movies that are not part of the MCU
  2. Iron Man when it first came out.
  3. Infinity War when it came out on Netflix, but not right away.
  4. Endgame opening night in theater

There were plenty of things I missed by not having watched all of them, but the movies are still very enjoyable without. They can be watched in any random order and still be great. Each one stands alone as it’s own movie. Except Iron Man 3 and Hulk. Those are hot garbage.

3 Likes

Gasp.

Do not skip.
Action scenes in Hulk.
Pepper.
Oh man.
Don’t skip!!

Ok. They are some of the worst. But don’t skip!!

5 Likes

Thanks for this! :grin:

3 Likes

Hulk can be skipped. I like Iron Man 3 though! Ok, not every part, but a lot of it! I wish I could say to skip Thor Dark World, but don’t because …reasons.

5 Likes

Eeeepppp!!! This is even better than Star Wars!! I can’t even wait for you to start watching this universe! I changed my mind from some random order that we would tell you about to cinematic release order. I might change it back again. Or pick timeline. No not timeline order. Cinematic release. That’s my final answer. Sooooo excited!

11 Likes

This is the best answer so far :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

I have asked the two MCU experts in my house and they unanimously agree on release date.

Dh just added that release is “pretty much timeline anyway.”

4 Likes

I’m TOTALLY watching alongside you. If your questions during the SW watch thread are any indication, you’ll pick up on things and make connections that I would (and probably have) missed. So fun!

3 Likes

3 weeks ago we finished watching all the MCU movies. Having only ever seen the original Iron Man and the first Avengers movie, we weren’t sure where to start. Found a link on Rotten Tomatoes listing Timeline order, so went with that. Thoroughly enjoyed them! It’s funny, being a huge Star Wars fan I never recommend Timeline order, but not knowing much about MCU we went with Timeline order :joy:

2 Likes

I think cinematic release order would be best for watching the first time. Timeline is good for rewatching. Make sure you watch the One Shots in Phase 1, those are awesome.

3 Likes