Marvel Cinematic Universe

I concur.

Spiderman Homecoming - at our local cinema (not a chain).
Credits roll, and the audience leaves. There’s me and DH and a man and his son left behind.
We all sit patiently waiting for the post credit scene. As you all well know, credits are loooong. Anyway, just as the soundtrack was being listed, the lights came on and the screen was switched off. DH and I looked at each other, then at the man and his son, who had done the same and we were all like WTF? So I went out to the lobby and explained the concept of post credit scenes to the protectionist/man-with-the-key-to-the-building. So he says he’ll play it for us. A few minutes later the screen comes back on and the lights dim. And we all watch the entire credits all over again, this time thankfully right to the end. :roll_eyes::partying_face:

16 Likes

Why?? It has Loki’s all time best line in it…

Tada!!!

7 Likes

Fixed that for you…

6 Likes

If you’re doing a watch through @OBNurseNH, I might be right there with you. DH randomly put Iron Man on last night, so I watched that and now I’m right in the mood for a playthrough of them all again. Tonight he decided to play Thor, even though it should’ve been Iron Man 2 🤷🏽 I’m good with that though because, well, Loki :laughing:

8 Likes

:green_heart::green_heart::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

You ARE supposed to watch the credit scenes!!

7 Likes

It has its moments, for sure…but it’s so uh, dark? Joyless? I don’t know. But Thor Ragnarok is my favorite MCU movie, so I clearly prefer a lighter tone :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ragnarok is pure genius!!

12 Likes

You’re my kind of gal….

3 Likes

I guess the end scenes are only not to be watched if going by timeline order vs cinematic release order.

Sorry!

So whether or not to watch them depends on the order :grimacing:

4 Likes

That’s the one I ended up following, more or less. I skipped some of them (no hating :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

I’ve watched them in both orders…umm, multiple times :joy: I might have a slight Captain America addiction. (…I need to get my hands on the new Captain America loungefly bag)

6 Likes

WOW! That’s insane that noone including the theater knew?

3 Likes

Ragnarok is unanimously awesome…

8 Likes

IKR? And after Spiderman too? It’s WELL established by then!

It always surprised me how many people left the theatre for all the other movies too.

And you can tell the MCU fans in non-MCU movies when they’re hanging aroung with you while the cleaners have itchy feet :rofl::rofl: Y’know - just in case!! :laughing:

6 Likes

Ok, so this is on my schedule of things to do. (My housemate is going on vacation at the end of September so I may attempt this then. I’m planning on timeline order.

Having said that, I have watched several of the MCU movies that are fairly standalone - Guardians of the Galaxy (1 & 2), Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok (never saw the other Thor movies but this one was fun), Captain Marvel, and Black Widow. And I saw the first Iron Man way back when it first came out. I didn’t really feel like I was missing anything, though with Black Widow there were references to things that I didn’t really know since I hadn’t seen the Avengers films.

2 Likes

First Star Wars. Now Marvel. We may get you liking Harry Potter yet……

(So excited to follow along this new journey with you! May have to start from the beginning myself again.)

5 Likes

No.

I’ve actually tried Harry Potter a whole bunch of times.

These other ones I never actually tried

Gotta get up on Marvel before visiting the Campus :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Do we have a liner movie night in the making?? :clapper::film_projector::film_strip:

Did you guys have movie nights on the forum at the first lockdown? We had some fun ones in chat, but I wasn’t in this side back then.
I would love to do that again.

8 Likes

Changing vote from timeline to cinematic release, because it worked for me just fine that way, especially with how the credit scenes are set up. Watching by timeline might be better as something different when rewatching, which I might do someday.

5 Likes