Marvel Cinematic Universe

Yes

Yondu: I’m Mary Poppins y’all and then comforts Peter. :pleading_face:

(I can’t get the blur to work and can’t recall the key strokes or I’d be less discrete)

I liked the mix in L&T. And yes, we’re being quite psychological about our villains lately.

:grin: tho I think in the sibling department Thor really had crappy luck . . . :wink:

The funny bits are my favorite in Capt Marvel. It’s such a gem.

Btw, Dark World remains one of my least fav MCU movies, despite Darcy; I might rewatch it before an Avengers movie but maybe not Ironmans. :blush:

5 Likes

Got to see the GotG Christmas special.

Maybe because we watched Christmas Chonicles 2 before GotG Christmas, I really liked GotG.

That was special.

Chronicles 2 is a :dog2:

No wonder I couldn’t recall it.

Have also seen 3 episodes of Wednesday. It’s not a dog.

5 Likes

the theory is it’ll be Rocket. The colors of the logo for each movie match the person who died in that movie. So Vol 1 the color was brown (Groot) and Vol 2 was blue (Yondu). Since Vol 3 is black, the theory is it’s Rocket. Sounds plausible to me.

3 Likes

This is what DD21 thinks as well. I also think Drax is a goner.

2 Likes

I prefer this to Rocket.

2 Likes

Oh I think it will be both :grimacing:

3 Likes

yea. that trailer didn’t just have crying. it was gut wrenching sobbing. whatever happens, it’s going to be big.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe Ragnarok and L&T were made by the same director. L&T played to me like a 5th grader watched Ragnarok and understandably loved it, and then decided to make their own Thor movie. No offense to 5th graders.

I’ll add that the Thor franchise has really been hit or miss for me, not being a Jane Foster/Natalie Portman fan at all. Probably why Ragnarok was my favorite of the bunch.

I would have to agree with this!

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: here

Ragnarok might have to give way to Love and Thunder.

Hoping to see L&T again between now and Christmas since I’m visiting in the land of actual internet service. First time thru I had a huge amount of skepticism due to Jane’s being in the movie.

Currently DH is watching the gossip fest (CNN)
:smirk:

4 Likes

I finally saw Wakanda Forever and it wrecked me :sob:

I can’t say I loved it overall, probbaly partly because the first one set the bar so high and there is no way to replace Chadwick Boseman, and also because I was never a huge fan of Shuri. Much like the more recent MCU movies, it felt messy. It could’ve been 30 minutes shorter too. Surprisingly some of the sets were sloppy, like the cave Namor & co were hiding in looked like mediocre theme park theming.

But that ending, and particularly the mid credit scene which I wasn’t expecting at all had me bawling…

5 Likes

I saw a headline about this yesterday, but forgot to share it. This is an update.
I was a little confused about him being in both a critical and stable condition. Those seem like opposites to me :thinking:
Poor Jeremy. Hope he’s ok :grimacing::worried:

6 Likes

But also, why are headlines so ambiguous and dumb?

What, is he thanking the fans for doing such a good job of running him over??!! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::grimacing::laughing:

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

In this case I think critical means the injury is serious - itself requiring observation- while stable means the patient has good vital signs.

DH was like this when he injured his hand. Doctors did not expect one of his fingers to have adequate blood supply so his finger was checked regularly - I think like every 30 minutes. Other than his finger, he was in good condition.

I saw somewhere that one of Jeremy Renner’s legs was crushed. This would likely require a lot of monitoring and as was reported, several surgeries.

6 Likes

Cool, thanks for explaining that :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Poor Hawkeye.
I wonder if Black Widow will visit him

6 Likes

I hope he heals well.

Have I shared the story of how my niece thought his name was Hot Guy before? That’s what we have called him ever since :grin:

7 Likes

I mean… :woman_shrugging:t3:

See actually I don’t think he’s all that hot. But I love his character so I get all squishy in the middle

6 Likes

You are sooo wrong here…

5 Likes