Marvel Cinematic Universe

Virtual hugs coming your way! It’s hard to let them go out on their own.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me. There was a lot of backlash about Wright and her anti-vax status to begin with, then she got injured and went back to England to recover/rehab and at the time because she was unvaxxed it was doubtful if she’d be allowed back in since “actor” isn’t exactly an essential profession.

Whether this was always planned or the result of 2020 and beyond causing things to have to be rewritten and/or reshot we may never know.

Assuming, of course, your suspicions are correct.

ETA: Then again, had we just seen the silhouette of the Mighty Thor and not her face, I doubt anyone would have thought that was Natalie Portman.

3 Likes

Some of us are on vacation and are too busy to read all the threads all day, or keep track of Comicon.

3 Likes

My guess is that that’s Nakia. I think that would actually be the best solution for carrying on the character since they are writing out T’Challa

2 Likes

Yes, we had this same discussion in our house yesterday. But my argument is that in the MCU, the Black Panther has been shown to also be the ruler. There are several shots of Ramonda sitting on the throne, etc. Plus, It’s Angela-freaking Bassett! She can certainly hold her own as a super hero. And in real life, she’s of similar age to RDJ and Paull Rudd

4 Likes

“Angela Bassett’s voice over says that her entire family is gone”

Does this mean that Leticia Wright’s character is also being written out?

2 Likes

I’ve got the same info to go on that you do. But there was some internet buzz about her stance on vax, etc. vs her future in the MCU so who knows?

4 Likes

Yeah - vocally being anti-vax was an issue for a lot of people. And I know there were multiple reports that after she got injured during a stunt she opted to go home to England to recover - and her non-vaxxed status would preclude her reentering the US. Unless somehow “actor” became an absolutely essential reason to allow the unvaxxed in.

3 Likes

That could’ve been a scene from during the blip though?

Black Panther rumors: it was reported a Lego set “confirms” Shuri is Black Panther. But apparently Marvel has made misleading Lego sets/characters before, so it’s nothing certain :smile:
Shuri as a character didn’t really move me in any way in the previous movie but we’ll see. I would’ve been very much in favor of T’Challa being recasted instead of written out but maybe that doesn’t align with the comics and I also get it that it was very soon after Boseman’s death (when they were making the film) to make such a decision and it probably wasn’t even a choice.

Just watched Multiverse finally. Can’t say I loved it, but this wasn’t a huge surprise as I’m not a big Sam Raimi fan and it had A LOT of Sam Raimi in it. It was a bit too much and I didn’t like Wanda being pulled through the same hell again.

4 Likes

Saw the same thing online. Don also pointed out ‘Sure. She could be Black Panther for 5 minutes and then be killed off.’ I’m anxious to find out the real story though.

5 Likes

So on Insta James Gunn was doing a Q&A and someone (not me) asked about music hints for Guardians vol. 3 and this was his answer

I was not familiar with the song, but I went to YouTube to find it and let’s just say I am hydrating starting now. Just based on that song I can see why Karen and Pom said that were in “floods of tears” reading the script.

3 Likes

Hmm

In the theater, during an emotional moment in Endgame a guy in the theater out loud sobbed.

I guess he didn’t get the memo about a certain contract not being renewed.

Anyway, I can’t be that sobbing person in the theater.

But then again, I haven’t been able to work in Love and Thunder or, previously, that Dr Strange movie. So maybe I see GotG vol3 in my sister’s living room. Like with Spiderman No Way Home.

Or . . . maybe dark veils can become a thing in the next several months.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::neutral_face::expressionless:

4 Likes

Oh, I figure we’re in the dark anyway. If anyone wants to judge, they can judge.

4 Likes

Yabbut

Ugly crying

My family doesn’t do damsel in distress pretty crying. Takes hours to look . . . normal. Presentable. Human.

Oh, Jackie O sunglasses.

Or I could go at the really cheap matinee that has 3 weird people seated as far from each other as possible. :smile:

5 Likes

Oh I do that too. Probably helps that I’ve never been a big make-up girl.

Again, haters gonna hate and judgers gonna judge. And I’m going to live my life and not worry about either. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Good for you!

I keep practicing . . .

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I love this song and started tearing up when I saw this on Twitter!

3 Likes

I love it now. And yeah…I was ugly crying listening to it and thinking about the various situations it can be used in with this group of misfits!

4 Likes

Reading up on Flaming Lips on wikipedia (yep, I’m lazy) I found this:

3 Likes

I just watched the five very short episodes of I Am Groot on Disney+. They were released today. Lots of funny stuff! It’s all about Baby Groot as he grows up, having assorted adventures (misadventures?) with various creatures along the way. It was good to have something to laugh about.

8 Likes