Marvel Cinematic Universe

I really think Venom is a hoot. Which I didn’t expect to. Have only seen Venom tho.

And No Way Home which was ok. Still trying to decide how interested I am in Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes

That was a quick turnover. Has it not done well? I don’t follow those kinds of things

4 Likes

Cool! as part of the subscription / for free? or with an upcharge?

3 Likes

On the home page within Disney+, it sure looks like it’s at no extra charge. There’s certainly no mention of one.

4 Likes

This is the “new normal” for Marvel movies - same quick turnaround as Shang-Chi. Dr. Strange is doing great at the theatre, and full of big unique sequences that will look better in a theatre, but they’re bringing it to Disney+ after 45 days, and have said (for now) that this will be the streaming window.

7 Likes

This is just two weeks before Thor: Love and Thunder premieres. Maybe it’s to help drive up the excitement for the next MCU movie?

5 Likes

I just watched Ms. Marvel - such fun! Loved the long opening graphics sequence, and the use of graphics throughout. Be sure to watch the closing credits - they have more graphics, and, oh, it’s Marvel. She has such a painful (emotional) home life - and school, too. It will be great to watch her bloom! I admit, I may need to watch it again, but with the closed captioning turned on.

ETA: I want to read the English lyrics to the song during the closing credits. Hopefully the interwebs will have that in a few days.

5 Likes

Ooh, hadn’t realised that dropped today.
Will have to watch it! :+1:t2:

I’ll have to scroll back upthread to unblur some stuff I avoided. Finally watched No Way Home at the weekend. I LOVED it!!!

6 Likes

Incase anyone else is interested - can be used towards a Marvel movie ticket.

https://d23.com/entry/d23-gold-member-summer-movie-promotion/

2 Likes

I already have AMC A*List, so it’s kinda useless for me. It’s nice for those who don’t have that though!

2 Likes

Incidentally, Thor tix go on sale Monday!!

4 Likes

I prefer Marvel in 4DX and I am pretty sure D23 won’t cover it and we are seeing the preview of Buzz light year with them but it is nice that they are

1- acknowledging Marvel
2- throwing members some PERKS again

3 Likes

Oh, I’m not saying that. It’s great for those who don’t have something that lets them see it in all forms.

A*List covers all formats (IMAX, 3D, Dolby, Prime) for me (not sure what 4DX is though). And the advantage of being in NYC is I’m covered wherever in the country I want to see something at AMC! Some markets either don’t cover NYC and some other large markets or there’s a surcharge.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just watched Ms Marvel, it was brilliant!

5 Likes

The song is from a few years ago so it’s already out there, here is a version that has translated lyrics. The beat is slightly different in this version. This is the same version as in the credits but without lyrics displayed.

I really liked Ms Marvel! I enjoyed the simple story line, even though it was at time very predictable. Really like Kamala / Iman Vellani, no wonder they apparently cast her immediately.

4 Likes

I finally watched it too, but didn’t like it at all :persevere:

3 Likes

Oh no. Any reason you can pin point or did it just not float your boat?

3 Likes