Marvel Cinematic Universe

Thank you for the song information, and links. That was very quick!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I can explain it that well, but it just felt like a mess, the plot and particularly the whole deal with 3 spider mans felt forced. I don’t know if I was in the wrong mood but the humor wasn’t on par with the previous movies either. I was never a huge fan of the original Avengers (as a complete movie - I did like a lot of the characters etc. and appreciate it’s significance) and this kind of felt similar in terms of having too much going on.

4 Likes

Aw, your blurred bit was my favourite bit!! :laughing:

4 Likes

I agree. I have found I sometimes like formulaic sotrylines as ling as they are fun and there is something keeping it fresh. The graphics and the superb actress did this for me. Come to think of it, all of the acting sold it - her family is brilliant and are more subtle than pure stereotype.

7 Likes

After seeing some interviews with her, I like her even more! she is super nice, witty and a real Marvel geek. I watched a breakdown of the first episode on YT and I like how much small references they had to the comics but also to Marvel fandom with Kamala’s youtube channel in the beginning etc.

4 Likes

I just saw the 5 min clip Disney produced. Seeing the actress in her homemade Ms. Marvel dress was just :heart:

3 Likes

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Thor Love and Thunder tickets are on sale!!!

IMAX 3D at 3pm on 7/7 for me!!!

7 Likes

What’s an IMAX 3D? :wink:

jk

Really got on here to say woohoo!

Asked the kid about Love and Thunder and got “meh”. This after obsessing over No Way Home and wanting to see Multiverse of Madness. There was some backpedaling when I said, so I’ll go all by my onesies.

:blush:

4 Likes

I’m going at 6:00! (DH has to work) Just at the Cinemark by my house though. AMC app and website kept crashing, I wanted to see it at DS but I gave up and bought the other tickets so I didn’t miss out on seeing it on the 7th! I’ll just make my second viewing at DS :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, another friend was having issues with the AMC site and app. I guess it has Disney IT issues for high demand too.

4 Likes

Nearing the end of Age of Ultron and woooow did they introduce a lot of characters here. Also I absolute hate James Spaders’ voice. So grating. Also Hawkeye might be one of my favorites.

7 Likes

I think that’s the point….

4 Likes

He’s among mine as well.

But my top two are Iron Man and Spider Man

4 Likes

It’s hard to not like RDJ.

2 Likes

It’s funny because overall I don’t find him particularly appealing (and I definitely don’t find him attractive).

But I love the character. So complicated.

4 Likes

His eyelashes though…

Honestly I’ve long had crushes on Mark Ruffalo and Paul Rudd so I’m happy to watch them now.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, I just watched today’s episode #2 of Ms. Marvel. It’s interesting, but I don’t think it has much to appeal to males - teen or adult - yet. But not every book, comic, show, or song has universal appeal in life, so maybe this one just happens to be for a different segment? I will have to discuss this one with my niece, who is so much more into comics and Marvel, and has been for more a couple decades.

3 Likes

I guess I’m spoiled. There are wicked nice eyelashes in my house 24/7

75% of my family members have them.

(Pssst. I don’t)

7 Likes

I’m liking Ant Man more than I thought I would, but I do not like Hope Pym at all.

2 Likes

Ant Man, no

Ant Man and the Wasp, yes

5 Likes