Marvel Cinematic Universe

He already won me over acting between Marc and Stephen, but then he had that scene where he was Konshu for a bit :exploding_head::star_struck::exploding_head::star_struck::exploding_head::star_struck:

6 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t the third personality Jake?

Have you seen Orphan Black? I lost count of how many different characters Tatiana Maslay played. It was phenomenal

6 Likes

Orphan Black is amazing!

5 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know what that means.
I was talking about the scene where they’re at the consult inside the pyramid with the other avatars and the bird beak God, Konshu used Marc as a medium through which to speak to the others. Oscar Isaac played that part really well.

6 Likes

Oh yeah yeah yeah. I know what you mean now. I forgot about that. I agree that was awesome! His acting is blowing me away. I was thinking of the scenes where he’s drinking, and when he has a bandage on his nose and when there was a fight that neither Steven nor Marc knew what happened

4 Likes

Oh man, I’m bummed but I can only say the Moon Knight ep6 was really bad.

It felt rushed an like a mess, amateurish in terms of directing. We got so little understanding/background on the gods and now a damn 200ft crocodile is fighting a birdman… Marc dying, not dying, being in imagination land (or is it), then Steven dying, not dying, both of them turning to rock, not turning to rock… Maybe it’s just me but this didn’t make much sense. The “are you an egyptian super hero?” line stood out, the way it was delivered felt force. I could go on but I just didn’t like this at all.

sorry for the rant, I’m just disappointed with this series especially after ep5 kind of gave hope of something much better and Oscar Isaac’s acting was great, the story progression and directing just didn’t live up to it.

3 Likes

I just watched episode 6 of Moon Knight - all the way through the credits. And i liked it!

I thought most of the episode was coherent, but really liked the mid-credits scene for how it tidied things up and put a bow on it. I knew about Jake from reading background and other spoilers, so I figured he would make an appearance. Knowing that, you can see the hints dropped along the way. I agree that it would be good to see more background of the whole Egyptian god/goddess thing, It’s amazing what you can find on the internet to help understand what happened in this episode. Now Layla is the Scarlet Scarab (easy to see that reveal in the Wikipedia article about this series, in the cast list).

It will be interesting to see where this goes, in terms of Moon Knight being part of the MCU. So far, this seems to be totally separate from the other MCU characters. All the other D+ Marvel series seem to bring people/ideas in as a friend or a friend of a friend type of thing. Not this one, not yet.

4 Likes

If not for the end credits scene, I would’ve hated it. But I did enjoy that reveal very much and I breathed a huge sigh of relief that it wrapped it up pretty well.

Overall, I really liked the series. I loved Oscar Isaac in it, so much. I liked the setting. Liked Layla.

There was stuff that didn’t make sense, but ima go read some articles on the series (which I generally avoid during the series to avoid spoilers) and maybe that will help. If anyone has some good ones to read, link them for me!

3 Likes

One big question for me: how did his scales balance with Taweret if Jake s was running around inside him? Makes no sense since they made it seem like the whole reason his scales were unbalanced was because of the Marc/Steven dynamic

6 Likes

In Moon Knight, one thing that seemed a bit annoying, maybe too copycat, was when Grant gradually turned to sand with one hand reaching out - so similar to Anna in Frozen. Likewise, it was the other person’s (sibling or other self identity - not a romance) real love for them that gradually undid the process..

3 Likes

Ok so prepping for Dr. strange in a few hours- how’d you all get through What if seriously I have been trying for months I just can’t concentrate watching them…

Honestly love the Taweret MoonKnight character though…

2 Likes

I put it off forever - I couldn’t get through them either. I finally finished them this week - also as prep for Doctor Strange. I did not enjoy them, but was VERY glad I watched them before watching Multiverse of Madness!!

3 Likes

Just got back from dr strange. Watch inhumans season 1 episode 1 as part of your prep It was really good!

Best post credit scene ever :wink:

4 Likes

Where is this from? I looked up immortals tv series and all I got was some vanpire tv show

2 Likes

Multiverse of Madness

Happy for the first movie date night with my husband since The Rise of Skywalker

I would love to hear more about America and her background! How is she the only one of her in all the multiverse?! There has to be something awesome there.

So action packed. It was hard to keep track of how much time had passed without the normal movie lulls.

Really heavy hitting on witchcraft/demon-y stuff. Which I reeeeeeeeally dislike. I don’t feel like that’s a spoiler, but more like a warning for people who would want to talk to/ prepare their kids for such things.

Watching through What If is a good idea to do beforehand, though not necessary.

5 Likes

Okay I keep trying to do another spoiler and it’s not working so I’m so sorry if anyone saw it while I was trying to edit it and ima just forget about it because it ain’t working

2 Likes

i loved how “our” Dr Strange really was different from all the others. I loved his pep talk to America. The Wanda story arch made me so sad. It always does though. My heart just goes out to her. I hate that she went all evil though. I had no idea she was going to be the bad guy of this film.

Okay I figured it out, it’s because I was putting a paragraph in there, and I would’ve had to spoiler each paragraph separately for it to work. Phew. Basic formatting knowledge is a useful life skill

4 Likes

Ugh auto correct

It’s INHUMANS

If I put it in caps ipad doesn’t change lol

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m one of the few that actually watched Inhumans when it was on ABC, fall of 2017. It aired between seasons 4 and 5 of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, right before season 1 of The Runaways on Hulu (I never watched it), just before season 1 of The Punisher on Netflix (didn’t watch that one, either), and finished up just after Thor: Ragnarok debuted.

With so many MCU shows and movies airing that fall, it was easy to just let some slide. But now I might have to go back to watch/rewatch some of them.

2 Likes