Marvel Cinematic Universe

Nice warning as I know this is a “no go” for a number of people who frequent the forum.

5 Likes

I do not like to post anything that may be considered a spoiler to someone in a forum like this - but if anyone has any specific questions about the content of Multiverse of Madness (it is unlike any other Marvel movie, ever) - message me and I’m happy to answer them!

3 Likes

I’m more concerned about the vertigo inducing things that happen in the mirror dimension and similar. Is it very numerous throughout the movie? I love Dr. Strange, but those scenes just about do me in.

I won’t be seeing it in a theater because I’m not ready for that.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m hoping to see this weekend, so have avoided spoilers, but my expectations are sky high now.

2 Likes

Multiverse of Madness and No Way Home spoilers:

There are a couple of scenes and they are very bendy/twisty. Not like the Strange/Spidey fight in the mirror dimension, but still pretty swirly. I do not experience vertigo, so I’m not entirely sure what induces that - so I’m just kind of direct comparing to those moments in No Way Home. It isn’t the bulk of the movie, but those couple of scenes are pretty intense.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks. Yes, those will induce vertigo if I don’t close my eyes immediately. The problem with that is I miss key things. It’s okay. It’s my life.

3 Likes

Hey!

So I know we’ve moved onto Multiverse chat (which I won’t see until a few weeks time, so I appreciate the blurring), but I’m only just caught up with Moonknight and I really enjoyed it.

I was left unsure about the ending, but not in an annoyed way, just in a ‘well they better hurry up with season 2’ kind of way. But then the end scene put to rest a couple of my uncertainties, so I’m happy with where it’s at.

I enjoyed Layla’s character (apart from the Egyptian superhero line which was a bit cheesy) and will have to find out more about the actress because I thought she was quite good and I’d like to look for her in another role.

So, from only watching the series and only having read things on here, is my understanding correct…?

Marc and Stephen made deal with Konshu that they would be freed after helping to re-contain Amit. At this point, was the deal ‘both of us’? I’ll rewatch that scene later. So that left Konshu free to use Jake as his avatar? And Marc and Stephen probably don’t know this yet - or do they and that’s why it ended with him tied up to the bed again ie things are still happening than neither Marc nor Stephen can explain?

As for it fitting into the MCU :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4: No idea :rofl: Looking forward to seeing how they work it in.

5 Likes

glad I’m not the only one, I watched the first 1 and ½ and it was a struggle. The whole thing seems just so pointless to me and I’m also not a fan of this style of animation. I guess I will need to try and eye them through before Multiverse…

2 Likes

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed What If. I thought some of the plotlines were hilarious. The whole Captain Genocide thing :rofl::rofl::rofl: and the zombie one!!

I’m definitely planning a rewatch before seeing Multiverse, but I’m really looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Having not seen Multiverse yet, I can’t say for sure, but I think What If is pretty integral to the MCU going forward.
The end of the Loki series hints that all those What If scenarios actually do happen.
I haven’t seen No Way Home yet either (will probably watch this in the coming week), but I got the impression that there were Multiverse threads in that too and of course the new Dr Strange movie has Multiverse in the title!

4 Likes

Ste-V-en, with a “V” :wink:

Yes, the wording was very specific, Marc specified, “me and steven” as being free

Also, articles stated that a 2nd season has not been green-lit, so maybe they never will tie it into MCU :woman_shrugging:t2: Wouldn’t that be sad?!

3 Likes

I think so. Konshu is crafty, and knew how to be very exacting in his agreements. Konshu made comments that showed he knew more about Mark’s and Steven’s situation than they did. Mark and Steven did eventually start suspecting that there was a third personality.

3 Likes

I agree with you. I think the Disney+ series like Loki and What If…? definitely helped condition us to the idea of multiple variations of people and events. Even The Falcon & The Winter Soldier introduced us to other Captain Americas.

3 Likes

The first is really the most important as far as I could tell…

2 Likes

If you want to get through it, it may be helpful to see the Dr. Strange episode, and then the last two episodes.

All the other episodes are to setup the last two. You can get away without watching them, but just know the characters that show up are from the previous episodes. If you want their back story, you will need to watch their episode.

4 Likes

I saw multiverse yesterday, I had only watched the first four of “what if” - I disliked the series - you really only need that first episode for Peggy Carter

2 Likes

I did not look behind the blur, but I think your hint tells me who we will see.

Ome of my favourite chracters!

2 Likes

Just coming home from Dr Strange.

That was a heck of a movie! Kept me spellbound (no pun intended) throughout.

I didn’t know it was 3D so that whole 3D glasses ove my glasses thing was initially annoying until I rigged up a means to keep them steady without literally holding them in place. Then I was worried about motion sickness from the 3D but there was just one very brief spot that that was an issue.

DEFINITELY stay til the thing after the credits! It was very cool to see almost nobody leaving and nearly everyone staying to see it.

8 Likes

Oh and without spoilers I LOVED the LGBTQ inclusion in this film

7 Likes

May or may not have seen it at 10am and 1:30pm today… HAHA!

4 Likes