Marvel Cinematic Universe

That’s an apt description. I’m with you on that.

2 Likes

This show doesn’t feel like MCU at all. I’m so confused.

I love Oscar Isaac’s performance.

Episode 4: wtf? That’s all I have to say about that. I don’t like feeling so much overwhelming “none of this makes sense”

4 Likes

Another Wednesday, another episode of Moon Knight (#5 today). Some parts making a bit more sense in terms of backstory, others just weird as always. Maybe I need to rewatch it with closed captioning turned on, to try to catch what they’re saying.

I will be so very glad to be done with this 6-episode series next week.

5 Likes

I haven’t even started it. DH has been watching it, though.

3 Likes

I stopped watching after I lost interest in episode 4. I may go back and finish it once all 6 episodes are out. It is a tough sell for me right now.

3 Likes

Moon Night ep 5 should have had a trauma warning. That episode was intense.

4 Likes

Exactly. DH was very shaken up by it and had to ground himself afterwards and I had to coach him through it. I still haven’t watched it.

Hits too close to reality of DID, and doesn’t offer any warning or special help before, during, or after. Entertainment industry really needs to step up their game when it comes to portraying MI in such an irresponsible way.

5 Likes

I agree. Maybe they were thinking that they would be raising awareness. But they could absolutely do more. The parts that made me think trauma warning specific to this episode was the child abuse. It’s still bothering me a day later.

2 Likes

ROFL! They weren’t thinking about anything except storytelling and how they can bring in more money.

3 Likes

{{{hugs}}}

I’m still scarred from the second batman movie with Christian Bale.

3 Likes

Fair.

2 Likes

It was definitely rough, particularly as it felt (imo) much more realistic than anything else in Marvel series or movies.

In a way I thought that part of the episode was incredibly well made but I can totally see how that would be too much for some to watch, especially if you have any personal connection to the issues at hand.

6 Likes

That’s it exactly. I don’t have personal experience, but I’m an empath and it’s really difficult sometimes for me to separate other peoples feelings from my own.

6 Likes

Oh boy.

I saw Moon Knight in Avengers Campus and honestly, he gave me the willies. That is without watching the series though.

I’ve only pieced together the character traits from people’s knowledge here, but[spoiler] I had heard he had a dissociative personality disorder or whatever the formal calling of it is. And my very limited high school psychology course exposure taught me that in a lot of, if not most cases of multiple personality disorder, there is often a history of horrific abuse. Like next-level horrific abuse. It is quite literally, as I was explained to by my teacher, the brain’s way of protecting itself.

Piecing this together with the MA rating and the need for Disney to slap parental controls on D+ with this show specifically being named why I had a feeling something ugly was going to go down.[/spoiler]

I’m sad it was intense. But I appreciate the heads up.

5 Likes

Firstly, sorry that the issues in Moon Knight are affecting some of you. Hugs :yellow_heart:

Secondly, Oscar Isaac is sublime!!! I can’t believe how good an actor he is. I mean, I liked him before this, but gosh am I a HUGE fan now??!!

Thirdly, caught up with Moon Knight and have thoroughly enjoyed it all so far. I feel like it’s prompting me to question things about the characters and then answering those questions soon after. I have no idea how this will tie into the whole MCU, but I’m looking forward to finding out.

Fourthly, Oscar Isaac rocks :wink::star_struck::star_struck::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Do you think you might like Oscar Isaac, at least a bit?

5 Likes

#OscarforOscar :clapper::film_strip::clapper::film_strip:

6 Likes

Um, yeah. The scene at the end of episode 2 had me sold on Oscar Isaac. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m glad somebody else here loves the show, because I was starting to think I was the only one! And yes, Oscar Isaac is freaking amazing!

4 Likes

Just finished Episode 5. Loved it! I get that it’s a bit dark and psychologically intense for Disney/Marvel standards but not for general tv/movie standards, but I’m glad it went in this direction. I think it was needed to explain the depths and trauma of how Steven was conjured. The comic didn’t even go that far, as brother Randall did not die and later became Shadow Knight.

Oscar Isaac is just beyond phenomenal. If each part were played by separate actors, I would think both were well acted, but being the same guy playing vastly different characters is otherwordly.

7 Likes