Marvel Cinematic Universe

I liked Hawkeye as well. However, I’ve been a Tom Hiddleston as Loki fan for many, many years. I was bound to love the series.

3 Likes

Watched Black Widow tonight.

By far not my favorite and not even because I’m jealous of Scarlett Johansson

Too much spy crap going on. Which I guess could be said about so many of them but this was extra heavy on that theme and I didn’t care for it.

I liked Yelena more

Glad I watched in cinematic order though if only for the extra scene at the end.

6 Likes

You haven’t seen Hawkeye yet?

4 Likes

Nope

4 Likes

You just might be in for a treat.

:performing_arts::roller_coaster::zap::rocket::tropical_drink::champagne::crossed_swords::christmas_tree::house_with_garden:

or I’m punch drunk from single digits,
deep snow on my drive and a busted water line
:blush: but it’s all fixable

4 Likes

The other day I was fortunate enough to be at my sister’s for 90 minutes or so - way better internet.

I think I watched all of the Marvel One Shots on Disney+.

Most of these are funny.
One was great Coulson.
A couple were meh Sitwell.

4 Likes

Would you say that at least one of the ones that were meh didn’t sit well with you??

6 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::blush::rofl::blush::smiley:

That was inspired.

Or it hit me just right. Either way is good.

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming: have you been watching Jungle Cruise?

6 Likes

I am so glad you watched Black Widow so we can talk about this now. Scarlett Johansen had a ton of say in her costume choices for Black Widow and chose a lot of her costumes, focusing on flat boots and comfortable, not form-fitting clothing. There’s a great article in Entertainment Weekly that interviews her costume director about this. (I’m not linking to it as it has spoilers for Loki and Birds of Prey).

I don’t know if you noticed but her hair is back in almost every scene too. (This article links to an interview where she discusses the evolution of the character too). Scarlett Johansson Black Widow Hair In Ponytail

4 Likes

Is it? I didn’t notice that about her hair.

But her sister teased her a lot about her posing, and remarked on the hair too, in Black Widow. Which makes me want to go back and watch again to see what you’re saying as accurate.

Also, non-form-fitting clothes? Really? I guess I need to watch again for sure because that black unitard thing? Pretty form fitting by my standards! LOL

5 Likes

I kept a close eye from a strictly wardrobe/technical perspective and the clothing was mostly form-fitting.

5 Likes

But what about that vest! It has all those cool pockets and everything.

“I knew you like it! I Knew you did, it’s so cool right”

5 Likes

A new trailer for the Moon Knight series on Disney+ aired during today’s Super Bowl.

4 Likes

I keep missing this crucial detail when new things come along. I’ve seen the trailer and assumed a movie. I thought Hawkeye was going to be a movie too when I first saw the trailer :roll_eyes:

Looks very good though. Looking forward to it. Due on D+ at the end of March.

5 Likes

Random: My son got new hockey gloves today. Between the fact that he has grown a lot and the style of the gloves which are articulated, these things look like Thanos’s gauntlet.

7 Likes

Please tell him to snap his fingers selectively :pray:t3::flushed:

6 Likes

I already put them on and snapped and (as far as I know) nothing happened. There’s no stones on the knuckles so I think we’re good.

7 Likes

Shang-Chi was just okay for me.

I didn’t feel that any character had real depth or was well-developed. I guess I need that.

The one part reminded me of Raya. Morris made me think of Tuktuk.

I did like Katy. And the end was the best part.

But nothing about this movie was particularly compelling. It was not bad it was just okay.

8 Likes

Agreed. To all your points.

I think I thought it was a little better done than Jungle Cruise but I liked Jungle Cruise.

Regarding the end of Shang-chi were you surpised when Wong wanted Katy to come too?

3 Likes