Marvel Cinematic Universe

I’m listening to it on YouTube Music just now :laughing:

5 Likes

Good to know there are options!

3 Likes

Yep! I half joked “Well, I know what my most played song of 2022 on Spotify will be… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I just watched Eternals on D+. To me, it gets a bit muddled in terms of who really are the good guys or the bad guys. Philosophy differences, and which leader to really follow. It feels like now (middle of Covid mess) isn’t the time for that. I know I, for one, really appreciate a fun action movie with clear distinctions between good guys and bad guys.

3 Likes

I finally watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit. It isn’t the strongest Marvel film, but it was entertaining. The Eternals are pretty obscure, even by comic nerd standards (honestly, a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy or Shang-Chi) , so making origin changes isn’t a big deal. Ultimately it had a good message about family.

2 Likes

I literrally watched the trailer so many times (like 30+) that I felt I knew the characters already and was hyped to see them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

NAMOR: hold my… oh, wait. Never mind

3 Likes

Question about Spider Man: am I right to assume I should watch Homecoming and Far From Home before I see No Way Home?

I’ve seen all MCU movies apart from these (and Black Widow).

Out of the older, I think I’ve only seen the 2002 one back when it came out. I’m not super excited about watching the 5 older ones, but should I?

2 Likes

Of the latest three, you should watch them in order: Homecoming, Far From Home, No Way Home. The reason is character knowledge and development over the movies is helpful for the last one.

No Way Home is a fan service movie that does require some knowledge of the previous movie franchises as well. However, it is not as in-depth. You may lose out on some of the references or character motivations if you have not seen the older movies.

Can you watch the latest without knowing of the previous franchises…sure, but you may get lost on the characters that are in the movie.

3 Likes

Just watched the trailer for Moon Knight, an upcoming D+ series. As DH said, “What was that?!?” I’ve read about it, and the jury is still out. The commercial was choppy and hard to follow, but that may be the whole point.

2 Likes

Yeah - Moon Knight is Marvel’s closest equivalent to Batman - they just add some overt mental illness to make it functionally different, and he wears all white instead of all black. Other than that, he checks all th boxes - billionaire alter identity, moral code, butler/assistant with gadgets, everything starting with ‘moon’ instead of ‘bat’, etc.

5 Likes

Sad news today, related to the Moon Knight series on D+. He played Anton Mogart/Midnight Man (a costumed criminal).

2 Likes

I just got around to the Eternals tonight.
It was exhausting. Without a doubt my least favourite Marvel movie to date.
So. Much. Talking.
And not just excessive dialogue, but slow, boring, overly somber script.
As far as movies go, it was mediocre.
As far as Marvel movies go, it was dire. This same production team brought us Ragnarok! What a let down in comparison.

7 Likes

We just finished watching it. I was really enjoying it at first, and I think it could have been decent but it was about an hour too long. It felt like it was on for 3 days.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Yip!!

3 Likes

Still Richard Madden is very easy on the eye.

4 Likes

:hear_no_evil: Not on the ears though :confounded::laughing:

3 Likes

Really?!

4 Likes

Scottish accents are jarring in places they have no business being :rofl:

(Like the wee weegie actor that confronts Han Solo in The Force Awakens. It’s set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but there’s a wee bloke that sounds like he’s from the village I grew up in! :hear_no_evil::confounded::hear_no_evil::confounded::rofl::rofl:).

6 Likes

Fair enough, I did expect him to have an American accent and it was slightly jarring when I first heard him. Fine after that though.

3 Likes