Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well…there are technically 4 males on the Guardians ship - or were at the same time as Gamora. But only 2 are “choices” per Nebula. :rofl: :rofl:

edit: Oh wait. Kraglin was on there too for a bit after Yondu’s death…so 5.

3 Likes

Right.

But seriously.

Rocket is not an option for so very many reasons including he is a raccoon

6 Likes

Oh, I agree… But I’d put Groot in that “not an option” category either because he’s a TREE!

4 Likes

I was just coming back here say this very thing.

My mind kept on working on this, apparently, while I moved on to work-related matters :laughing:

6 Likes

Plus she’s like a surrogate mom to Groot!

3 Likes

5 Likes

If you watch it again I really think that they used some good editing to make it seem like they were together when they weren’t. When he walks in you see her and then you cut to him, but it’s definitely separate takes. Then when they hug you don’t see both of their faces at the same time. Finally, when they are sitting down they are sitting far enough apart that it looks (IMO) like they spliced them together after the fact. I assume it’s nothing nefarious but maybe they live on opposite coasts or something and Linda wants to film from a different location/time than the rest of the cast. It was just interesting and very “Parent Trap” to me! I googled and didn’t see anything offical so I’m curious what you all think!

3 Likes

My digital production sons agree with you.
They filmed an entire series with segmented casts early pandemic and see what you see.

5 Likes

I feel like for a brief moment Nebula is as well

4 Likes

Schedule conflict?

She had not enough scenes to need to be where the other principals were?

3 Likes

Yeah.

Ha! I missed what the reply was to until I looked at email. But yeah.

2 Likes

Endgame GotG vol1

The kid and I were discussing this Thursday in the car. That is one tiny window. I posit that when Gamora betrayed Thanos to keep the Infinity Stone, Nebula felt it keenly, traumatically, as a betrayal of herself. She reacted with anger - one of the few emotions she knows.

4 Likes

Yeah. And so with the events in Endgame preventing them being given to Ronan and therefore Gamora getting the stonethere was not that issue.

Gamora still seems like she senses something is off though.

2 Likes

You mean she sees a chance to escape or possibly beat Thanos. In Engame she was acting more as an advocate for Nebula than an adversary. I thought she spoke as if she had fore knowledge of what was happening concurrently with the 2023 folk. Which how could she. Then I wondered what would motivate her to intercede and decided it was their having banded in defense against their tormentor.

3 Likes

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how vol. 3 plays out - because from what we saw in vol. 1 and even the first part of vol. 2 Nebula hated her…and Gamora was at most indifferent. I guess getting all but killed by your sister (and had Peter not risked his life to save her she would have died) produced the extreme dislike (of not hatred) we saw in vol 2. I have not seen quotes from Zoe about the script for vol. 3, but Karen has tweeted that she cried “buckets” on reading the script.

3 Likes

Also based on canon Gamora was a young child who knew her parents when Thanos took her while Nebula was taken as an infant. So it seems that Gamora, even when being “the fiercest woman in the galaxy” had empathy for her victims by killing them quickly while Nebula took longer (also discussed in a deleted vol. 1 scene) and likely had empathy towards Nebula who was always made to feel less than.

3 Likes

hmm. So. This is the GotG finale,
correct? Are we talking disappointments or body count? :thinking:

3 Likes

Well, it’s Gunn’s last.

IDK. Karen is very good about not spoiling anything. Just that she and Pom (Mantis) were in “floods of tears” reading the script.

I’ve seen a report where someone else who has been in others said it’s “the sisters’ story” so that gives me some hope.

Also we are supposed to learn about Rocket’s origins.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. I remember hearing that Rocket.

Imagining GotG w/o Gunn is :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Yeah, it wouldn’t be the same at all.

3 Likes