Marvel Cinematic Universe

Started watching WandaVision last night on the flight home. I think we watched 4 episodes in total. LOVING it! We are about at the part where “present day” has discovered the energy field and are trying to sort that out when Geraldine shows back up in present day but looking like her WandaVision time self. I am surmising that Wanda has somehow created this “bubble” so she and Vision can live happily ever after.

I just love them.

15 Likes

Question for you: Did you know who this was during the movie or did you have to google? I’m just curious if it helped having recently seen all the movies.

4 Likes

I would not have known who it was but DH told me. Even with him telling me I’m not quite sure I remember him.

5 Likes

Ah, thank you! Makes me feel a lot better. I had to google him in the parking lot after the movie but I hadn’t seen Iron Man 3 since it was in the theater.

4 Likes

I didn’t even notice that there was someone I didn’t know :rofl::rofl::laughing: To use an excuse, my vision was definitely blurred with tears when I saw that scene in the cinema, but even if they weren’t I wouldn’t have connected the dots.

I did hear about who he is afterwards. Very sweet. I’m curious, is it also the same actor, or just the character?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the same actor!

3 Likes

I knew because as I was watching dh and dd pointed him out to me.

3 Likes

The kid in our house told me who the kid is.

So of course, rewatch Ironman 3.

I’m hoping we will see more of him.

They don’t usually stick someone in to make us wonder who he is.

3 Likes

Quite possible. He was in episode 8 of this fall’s Disney+ series, “Doogie Kamealoha, MD.”

2 Likes

I don’t know if we will or even if it’s necessary.

I think the reason they had him there was to show how much deeper Tony was as a person compared to the first Iron Man movie. The fact that he has kept the connection with the kid enough for him to be in the close friends and family group is testament to his characters growth.

That he was there is good attention to detail on the writers part. If he hadn’t been, I expect some nitpicking fans would’ve been all ‘why wasn’t he at the funeral?’ on the basis that they already suspected/knew that there would have been a lasting bond between them.

Or…

He’s a really big character from the comics that I don’t know about and will be getting his own series imminently :rofl::rofl:

PS Talking of series… One more sleep until Hawkeye :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

7 Likes

OH! Now I remember the kid!

I agree - that’s what he was there for: to show Tony Stark’s evolution as a person.

4 Likes

I agree as well. When I was googling for that picture earlier there were a bunch of articles that came up and I think he was intended as an “Easter egg” of sorts and definitely the softer side of TS.

4 Likes

Have I mentioned that I love Tony Stark?

7 Likes

Oh I do too! He’s my favorite. I think I saw the original Iron Man in the theater 3 or 4 times. (Twice on separate eHarmony dates back in the day. :scream:)

And for some reason Pepper is one of the few roles where I can tolerate Gwyneth Paltrow.

7 Likes

I do love Pepper too! She’s named after my cat :joy:

6 Likes

BUT the rumor is that he is going to be in one of the IronMan series spin offs

6 Likes

ROFL!!! I agree.

5 Likes

Have you seen Far from Home yet?

2 Likes

Not yet

3 Likes

Amen. I’ve seriously reconsidered my cruising with Celebrity since they have “partnered” with her and her “Goop” cult…but my TA has assured me that junk is limited to the spa and NOT the things they provide in the cabin.

5 Likes