Marvel Cinematic Universe

I agree with everything. I ended up skimming through Ultron, too much cgi and chaos. Didn’t even enjoy the plot tbh.

I just wached Ragnarok, which I almost skipped as I wasn’t a big fan of either Thor movie, but I’m glad I didn’t. It was hilarious! Definitely the funniest MCU movie so far.

7 Likes

Glad you didn’t skip Ragnarok. It’s definitely one of, if not, the best!!
Waititi is a legend. I can’t wait for Love and Thunder.

6 Likes

Doing my own timeline order watch-through (of what’s on Disney+, so yes, I know I’m missing a few) and just finished Avengers.

Honestly? None of them look like they like the schwarma at all in the post credits scene. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

And yes, I know they had just been through a war and were exhausted. It just made me giggle how they are like sigh take a bite.

6 Likes

Me either!!! We are GenX, and the youngest are baby GenXers.

4 Likes

Ant Man. Meh.

Nothing compelling for me in this one. Annoyingly like a beefed-up Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Story was weak, humor was lacking. Just did nothing for me.

I guess maybe he has more to his story or something. I find it odd at this point that that’s what they chose for the main restaurant at Avenger’s Campus.

Onward.

6 Likes

Maybe I will understand this later. But right now? I don’t see it.

5 Likes

Up next, Civil War!

2 Likes

Spoilers…

4 Likes

That’s a shame. I love the humour in Ant Man. Luis cracks me up.

7 Likes

Civil War is my favourite!

3 Likes

Did you see in the avengers post credit captain isn’t eating? And he looks kind of sullen about it too. It was filmed after the movie finished and he was working on another movie. One where he had a beard. Which he couldn’t shave off. So they put a prosthetic device on his jaw which kept him from moving his face. :joy:

10 Likes

And Scarlett Johannsen was pregnant (I think - was it her?? It was someone) and they had most of her hidden behind others/objects to hide that. And someone else had something going on too that they had to work with.

8 Likes

I was going to mention that, but I couldn’t remember the reason why Chris Evans had a beard.
It’s such a great scene though. :laughing:

6 Likes

This is what I like about MCU. There’s something for everyone. In my house: grandson is a big Stark fan while I’m not even lukewarm. The kid is all Loki while to me he’s lower than Stark. DH thinks we’re all morons.

I have watched GotG both, Ant-man and Ragnorak multiple times. That we - even DH - all can agree on GotG amazes me.

Looking forward to your watching more MCU. :clap:

6 Likes

Yes. So different than in a couple other roles (Martian, Shooter - if I’m recalling correctly). His crew is also good, the Eastern European guy :rofl:.

The Basin Robbins deleted scenes are priceless.

5 Likes

Kurt :orange_heart:
His deleted scenes should’ve made the cut.
He’s great in What If…? too.

4 Likes

I had not known that it was added in - AFTER the premier!! - until someone linked a video about it to a thread in a FB group.

I’m not sure what’s worse - the prosthetic device on him or the horrible CGI job DC did on whatshisface who played Superman in that video shot by the kids interviewing Superman and the guy was shooting another movie when they went in for it and couldn’t shave off a mustache. LOL.

ScarJo is kind of slouching in the chair in all black and it’s all dark around her so I guess that would be right. (Plus I am pretty sure she’s the only girl in that scene…)

5 Likes

Guardians was my “gateway drug” for Marvel. They will always be my favorites!!! (Even if I am dressed as Sylvie for “character day” at school today.)

7 Likes

Because Chris Evans should always have a beard.

11 Likes