Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think it’s people who were already into the comics what are really into them. I enjoy the movies and the overall MCU story, but I don’t consider them even close to something like Lord of the Rings. Or Star Wars.

2 Likes

I’ve never read the comics but am a complete fanboy of the MCU. At the moment, I’ll take it over any other movie franchise.

6 Likes

Coming November 24th to Disney+

Looks like it might become a new holiday tradition in my home

10 Likes

Margot is awesome.

3 Likes

Very excited

2 Likes

:rofl: Love the tagline!!

6 Likes

Completely excited!

4 Likes

Didn’t get the chance to watch the trailer earlier, but have just watched it.
I have questions…

1. How can I get tickets to Rogers The Musical?? :notes:

2. Does this count as a Christmas Movie? :christmas_tree:

3. Is the premise of this going to be Barton training up his replacement so that he can actually retire?? :sob::sob:

7 Likes

Dd20 was actually squealing this morning watching this. I live amongst major MCU geeks/nerds.

4 Likes

Yeah I am not a fan of Natalie Portman’s Thor character.

4 Likes

Then you’re going to hate the next Thor movie, Love & Thunder, if the rumored storyline is true.

3 Likes

I’m having trouble deciding if it’s her or the character. She seems very disgenuine for some reason.

2 Likes

I think it’s the storytelling (or lack of) and pacing (or lack of), mainly.

Every hero has their love interest. I get that. This one is just poorly adapted.

5 Likes

Yeah could be.

2 Likes

Nope! I have faith in Taika Waititi. It’s going to be awesome!!! :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::rofl:

6 Likes

Probably both.
Personally I don’t rate Portman as an actor. Granted I haven’t seen some of her award winning performances, but where I have seen her, I’ve not been impressed (Kiera Knightly performs better in The Phantom Menace IMO :rofl:).
That said, I’ve read that her fans/those who do rate her as an actor think she’s underused as Jane Foster, so that’s really all on Brannagh :confused:

5 Likes

Have watched Captain America, The Avengers, and Iron Man 3

Captain America I should watch again. I was tired and nodding off. But I liked that he was a regular guy to whom something happened to make him extra. I enjoyed the humor in it and loved his whole story (related question: why is almost everyone’s parents dead?? Oh yeah, they are Disney now :joy:)

The Avengers was cool to see them come together. I loved the humor here as well and enjoyed seeing their interactions with each other and the bad guys. Cool to see their powers intersect and where one’s limitations kicked in the other picked up and went with it.

Iron Man 3 I think doesn’t get a lot of love but I liked it. I loved seeing some of the vulnerability of Tony Stark and the validation of my earlier assessment, literally spoken aloud.

I hear the next one(s) might be tough to get through/not good but I guess what I’m learning from my watching if SW and now this is that even more than I realized I am not a film critic so much as a movie watcher.

I’m enjoying these movies though!

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

5 Likes

! To those reading this that haven’t seen Avengers Possible spoiler alert !

Now that you’ve watched Avengers I can rant about how much infighting those super heros were all doing. So much so that the writers felt it necessary to kill off my favorite character to get them on the same page. :cry::tired_face::frowning:

5 Likes

We just watched it, my first time since it came out, since we skipped the first time through our family watching of Marvel. I don’t regret that as it is more violent (we skipped Winter Soldier too) and my daughter was not quite ready.

I really enjoyed it. At the time I think I wasn’t as invested in Tony Stark, so this time around I really appreciated how this movie gets into his nuances. The storyline is fine and entertaining, but nothing amazing, but it is a great piece of character development and I found it incredibly satisfying to watch.

5 Likes