Marvel Cinematic Universe

I much preferred WandaVision to this :frowning:

4 Likes

:upside_down_face:I haven’t watched any of them except for being in the room sometimes when they were watching…so I can’t chime in with an opinon of my own.

Actually, I don’t think I ever saw any of Falcon & the Winter Soldier or What If.

3 Likes

I thought Falcon & Winter Soldier was a little more plodding than the others. I get the point is to show the transformation to Cap but other than the appearance ofJulia Louis Dreyfuss , I could take it or leave it.

4 Likes

Julia Louise is going to be critical in phase 4. She’s starting to show up everywhere, building her little army

4 Likes

DH and I liked it. It definitely has the feel of being a springboard show to other future MCU offerings. I’ve read a few articles on Yahoo which are big into revealing spoilers and trying to explain various Easter eggs. I agree with @dianelynn about Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, and this is the series where John Walker is introduced, and that’s not the last we’ve seen of him.

Now I need a massive chunk of time to rewatch all the MCU movies. I might even have to watch older Marvel related movies (pre-Ironman), for all the things that are actually pertinent to the MCU. Good thing I’m retired…

6 Likes

Not really. I really like Falcon and Winter Soldier (the characters) but the series was a bit too violent for me, and the storyline was a bit meh.

4 Likes

Falcon and Winter Soldier is my fav. Except for the actor who plays one character who makes my brain slip sideways because he’s so similar to his dad but not. It’s too weird. . I like several of the plot lines. The character development of F & WS is good enough for me. If there’s another season I’m happy to see where our villains take us.

Wandavision was awesome. I’m much more a buddy adventure movie kind of person - hence F&WS. But Wanda resonated.

Loki. I just don’t get it.

Don’t have Disney+ so that’s all I’ve seen so far.

6 Likes

Wasn’t there a thing where you had to put some male character in the costume and if he looked ridiculous it was sexist. Like take wonderwomans outfit, looks ridiculous on a man and no man would fight in that. What was that? I’m gonna Google.

Hawkeye Initiative.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that until you mentioned it. I, too, found it a bit unsettling to watch him once I knew that.

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

One of the things I like best about the MCU is the development of the villains characters. Falcon & the Winter Soldier is a great example. They blur the lines between good and bad so well in the storytelling. It helps to bring that perspective into real life, to recognize that everyone is making choices based on the lens of their personal experiences. Ultimately when we take the time to hear someone’s story, we’re much more compassionate and way more connected than we thought.

9 Likes

Assume good intent.

5 Likes

exactly!

4 Likes

they do the wrong thing for the right reasons.

5 Likes

Yes! So well said! I enjoyed FATWS for the character development and that it is so in the “grey” space. The series was not perfect by a long shot, but I loved the nuance you are describing, which made me like the series.

WandVision is the winner in our house however.

6 Likes

Love those photos!!!

Don’t they have a sign for the Home of Fat Thor and Friends?

5 Likes

Nah, but I’m sure we spotted Korg out for a swim :wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

They are just protecting your delicate sensibilities. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes