Marvel Cinematic Universe

@cbalusek
Age of Ultron when he makes a joke about prima nocta. Not cool or funny at all.

Yeah, I couldn’t believe my ears the first time I saw Ultron and heard Tony’s remark. Then I thought well, Latin. And who knows history any more any way.

3 Likes

So what’s next up movie wise?

2 Likes

I am told Captain America is up next.

4 Likes

I literally only know what it means because of Braveheart. Otherwise it would’ve gone over my head. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it anywhere else.

4 Likes

You know, I’m just as bad at trying to change the subject in real life too.

I like Captain America. He’s the one I personally most identify with.

3 Likes

Huh?

I guess I didn’t realize you were trying to change the subject LOL

Maybe that’s what you mean about being bad at it?

5 Likes

Exactly! :rofl:

4 Likes

We had it in school.

I guess you could say it was back in the dark ages - about the dark ages. :smirk:

3 Likes

To further change the subject we finally watched Spiderman Far From Home recently. Maybe last night even.

My favorite, over Homecoming. And the end credits are a hoot. But, how much is watching Capt Marvel now necessary?

Or just don’t pay attention to the end credits. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Far from home comes after Captain marvel, so if you didn’t want to watch it before, then there’s no need to watch it now.

3 Likes

I was thinking Spiderman aficionados might skip around. I’m somewhat slow*; I’m enjoying post credit scenes more the more times I see them.

*or blind . . .

Also this weekend watch Ragnarok again. After having watched the gag reel last week or so. That’s a hoot, too. Kept thinking of the CGI suits - whatever they’re called - and green screens.

4 Likes

Sorry, I replied in a rush earlier (I was picking the kids up from Scouts). Thinking about this, it’s maybe a good idea to watch Captain Marvel to understand the backstory of the characters you saw at the end. What I’m not sure about is how much their story will continue in future movies to make it worthwhile.

3 Likes

we were just asking ourselves just how much Fury was really Fury in this movie when Talos appeared and we were cracking up.
I can see Talos in several movies because it makes no sense to be on Earth for this movie

5 Likes

I hope to see much more of Talos. Ben Mendelssohn rocks!!

5 Likes

Moderators?

Something has gone wonky.

The last few posts are all just smudgy-like. I can’t read anything.

Maybe some kind of virus?

6 Likes

You might get your wish. Secret Invasion is coming to Disney+

4 Likes

It’s called FOMOvirus…

Get watching…!!! :film_strip::film_strip::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Ooh, super :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Quick question for the long haul MCU fans…

Did you like/enjoy watching Falcon and Winter Soldier??
I didn’t like it first time around, but having rewatched the movies I thought I’d give it another go. I’m still not enjoying it. Sure, there are a few humorous lines, but overall I’m simply bored.

3 Likes

My dh and dd20 are die hard MCU nerds. Dh has repeatedly shared that with each series, WandaVision, Falcon & the Winter Soldier, Loki, and now What If …the series each gets better. He thought each was really good, but then w/ the next one they stepped up and he liked that one even more. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes