Magical express ending 1 Jan 2022

I am still so disappointed.

What exactly am I going to do with my passel of children, luggage, strollers, and now apparently car seats?

Disney has always been “easy” for this.

There is zero incentive for me to stay onsite now.

3 Likes

The alternative I see for us will be to hirer a car service to help with all of this but that’s $$, Abd hope they will have to provide car seats.

1 Like

I will probably invest in another Ride Safer Travel Vest. And drag a convertible seat along too. But yuck. What a pain!

3 Likes

Agree big pain, Hoping somethings comes about by 2022.

I know this is old news, but I am finding myself so frustrated about this today. We’re planning on a larger family trip whenever things are ‘normal’ which would involve 2-3 cars worth of people. Here’s my thought process today: Figured we’d stay off site. That’s an annoying amount to pay for wdw parking. Maybe it’s worth trying to get a few adjoining rooms on property. But then we still pay to park at the resort.
And if we splurge and fly, we still spend money to get from the airport to the resort, again at least two cars worth. Why are they making this difficult all the way around?
I’m less likely to fly because I don’t want to pay extra for airfare and extra for lyft. And I’m less likely to stay on site because there’s no longer that convenience of magical express.

2 Likes

Just FYI, and I don’t know if anyone brought this up already but when we re-booked our trip for this February, our travel agent talked about this. She thinks Disney and Mears are currently at odds because Mears was charging Disney while the parks were closed, or at very reduced capacity. She thinks cancelling the magic express is a negotiating tactic. Either Mears comes to heel, or no more Magical Express. But she thinks they’ll work it out and ME will be back.

This was announced yesterday.

I posted it somewhere in another thread, where there was some discussion. I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

Wonder what she is basing that off of.

1 Like

Probably just her opinion. Her business is just Disney, so maybe experience working with them.

I posted because this seems possible, in that its a rational reason for ending a perk I think almost everyone likes.

2 Likes