Magic Bands — did you know this?

This was wise…half our photos are of other people or empty cars/boats/elevators, etc. Some never show up at all.

4 Likes

We’ve never had anything like that happen, when we’ve got them they have been right. But it was quickly apparent that we weren’t getting anything that was supposed to show up automatically.

1 Like

There is definitely a delay. Especially magic shots. Those are usually 24-48 hours later.

1 Like

And literally never ever once has it been me. :laughing:

Edited to add quote so my comment makes sense

2 Likes

I can’t decide if the best is when you get the “empty chair” next to you, or the one with the “model couple” who look like they got pulled from a Disney commercial.

“mmhm, yup. That’s me. Clearly.” :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I blame this thread. I went onto MDE to check my magic bands (sigh, yes I know I have 38 on my account- anyone know if I can use chat to get rid of 30 of them).

Sigh, yes- I ordered new blue DVC ones for my July trip (yes I know I haven’t used either of my two 50th bands yet).

Oh- did I write that all out to once again confirm how crazy I am? Yup- crazy.

11 Likes

I won’t reveal how many MBs I have in my account. You can only 10 active ones. It’s really easy to activate and deactivate ones in MDE.

2 Likes

You’re just trying to make me jealous!

3 Likes

I was looking for a different photo and found this which I think belongs in this thread.

10 Likes

I first started with one of every color (original and version 2) but I now seem to have an issue with speciality ones.

When I hit close to 30 bands linked in my account I started to have resort door/pool access issues. I only have 5 active (including this new one) but I wish I could delete all the old ones.

3 Likes

The only way I’ve deleted MBs is by calling (a huge pain). I have had door issues too.

2 Likes

This bothers me.
If you (generally) have such an amazing collection of magic bands I feel like you should be able to chop and change at will and wear a new one every day if you wanted to. Match them with your outfit. Match them with your mood. Match them to what park you’re visiting. Match them to your first ride and match them to your second ride!
I hate the idea that people have all these deactivated bands that they can’t use.

(NB I have a grand total of two, so it’s not a problem for me, but I still don’t like the idea).

7 Likes

I believe you can reactivate them easily in the app. You just need to deactivate one you’re not wearing.

3 Likes

Speaking of IT errors - not MagicBand related, but during the “ADR-gate” of 2020 where Disney inadvertently opened up ADRs for full capacity (?) even though restaurants weren’t operating at full capacity, Disney did give $25 in gift cards for each ADR they had to cancel.

3 Likes

Yay my new one came which I chose in honor of my Ariel (dog) that died in 2021. Her sister is also named Charlotte Belle so this represents one of the living dogs too as her middle name is for Beauty.

12 Likes

Am pleased to report that the first of the two MBs I ordered on eBay has arrived (UK seller). It’s the Christmas one and is so pretty. No problem linking it to my MDE.

(I tried to not get my VIP tour pins in the photo, but I just couldn’t get the right angle to cut them out. Sorry.)

The 50th anniversary one is currently in Erlanger, KY, which, as you all know, is the eBay Global Shipping Center.

10 Likes

I’m just chiming in here to state for the record that although I live in the “hoagie” section of Jersey (i.e. Southwest NJ) I REFUSE to call them hoagies, because they are and always will be a gd sub.
(Although I think mayo is nasty so I’ll take all the items on @OBNurseNH 's order and swap to oil and vinegar for the mayo.)

1 Like

:heart_eyes: I agree!

1 Like

Can’t wait to wear it!

2 Likes

For real? You are joking, right? I live about 90 minutes from Erlanger and had no idea if this is really true.

1 Like