Magic Bands — did you know this?

It would be an odd thing for me to make up.

1 Like

I had no idea about this. Very interesting…

If a US-based seller has an overseas buyer, they can ship their item to KY, where eBay will do all the customs documentation and then forward the item to the buyer. The buyer pre-pays shipping and duty. It’s all very convenient and efficient. If a bit expensive.

2 Likes

Very true!

The UK one is in Lichfield. It took me too many orders going to that same address to work it out. I kept thinking it was a really loyal repeat customer :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ummm, right.

3 Likes

Very, very pretty.

1 Like

In August when we were there you needed a magic band to enter the resort gate. After that you could use your apple watch for everything else. Seemed kind of silly at the time and I questioned it at the service desk and they confirmed it. If you are traveling such that you don’t need to enter the front gate by car then it should not be a big deal.

2 Likes

My 50th Anniversary MB has arrived. Looks great and successfully linked to my MDE. Though the keeper thing is difficult to use.

13 Likes

Ugh. Was showing off the new MB to a friend of mine. She loves Florida holidays, though more UOR than WDW. I showed her the pic. She asked what it was. I said it was a Magic Band. She said she had no idea what that was. After some explanation she said she had heard of them, but hadn’t bothered getting one because she doesn’t stay on property and you’re only allowed them if you do.

2 Likes

It’s amazing what people believe. Where do they pick up this “knowledge”?

Love your MB!

3 Likes

It’s like those people who thought fast passes were a paid-for add-on. How ridiculous.

4 Likes

No kidding. Fortunately, that’ll never happen…

3 Likes

They hear you can only charge with a MB if staying onsite and presume the rest…

3 Likes

Following @sanstitre_has_left_the_building 's sage advice, I used eBay and just got my hands on this fine MB
Assigned to MDE without a hitch

ETA: This is my first MB.

13 Likes

I like your Disney countdown blocks and holder. Where did you get that pretty?

3 Likes

Tell me you’re misguided without telling me you’re misguided. :laughing:

6 Likes

Thanks!

Once Upon Time, long long before Chapek, there was a magical place of brick, mortar and pixie dust called the Disney Store…

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :sob:

2 Likes

The keeper looks great, but is very hard to use so I took it off and replaced it with the rubber ones through Etsy or somewhere similar.

I’m super glad I did as I’m sure the original one would have driven me crazy.

Shoes are the only accessory that I’ll sacrifice comfort/ease of use for. And they would have to be pretty fucking amazing to even do that.

3 Likes

I literally cannot figure it out.

1 Like