Dining glitch - reservations to be cancelled

Disney food blog, which is not an official Disney site to avoid doubt, is reporting that the glitch opened up 100% of restaurant capacity. Obviously they cannot maintain social distancing at 100% of capacity so the “extra” reservations will be automatically cancelled. Each cancellation will result in a $25 e-gift card to the lead person.

It’s obviously disappointing to those who thought they’d got their perfect ADR but I don’t see that Disney have any choice but to cancel.

Well that was a costly glitch! :astonished:

1 Like

If only is was that simple …

As detailed in another topic Crazy Morning - #43 by cherokee_jacket, if you swapped an existing reservation for a new one during this period it is unclear if your previous reservation is still valid or can be reactivated

2 Likes

It’s also being reported by Mickey Blog, with a little more detail.

1 Like

That was my first thought , a lot of people modified a reservation for a better time. I hope they don’t lose at least the original ADR.

2 Likes

All I did was make it a smaller table! I’m going to be furious!

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: Yep. Goodbye, Topolino breakfast. Have to hope for a miracle that res-finder comes through on that one. On the bright side, I made an additional res for Oga’s rather than replacing it because I wasn’t sure yet which of the two times would make more sense. And the only other change I made was adding a Boathouse res through MDE for the same time I already had an Open Table res for there, just to have everything neatly packaged in MDE. I’ll report back on whether I get $25 for my whole MDE account, or per res ($75 total). That would be something if someone racked up like 20 reservations that morning, with the intention of sorting through them and dropping most of them later and got $25 ea.

4 Likes

Wow, I almost changed my chef mickey reservation to the next day but was delayed in getting to the reservations page. It let me go through all of the steps but when I went to finalize, it said the time was no longer available and then the whole reservations page disappeared. My original reservation is still in MDE and I took screen shots in case there is an issue later. I’m so happy that I didn’t get in until the site was stopped. Our reservation is the first day that characters are back. My kids love Chef Mickey’s and would be dissappointed if that was gone

2 Likes

This is my hope but it’s difficult to have faith Disney IT knows what my original time was.

2 Likes

Has anyone had their reservations actually cancelled yet?

1 Like

Is there anything official from Disney on this yet? I made multiple reservations and retooled half of my plans for the week based on dining.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple people lose them in a Facebook group I’m in.

1 Like

I made several time changes, so far so good. I am hopeful they don’t get canceled.

1 Like

I posted this in the Crazy Morning threat but I’ll add it here too.

Posted by someone in chat who called Disney to directly ask about the ADRs obtained during the glitch. Here’s hoping the CM she spoke with was correctly informed!

“So I was told that an email was sent out to people who were effected by the glitch. Those who got this email was informed that only reservations for 11/5-11/6 would be canceled at Midnight tonight. If you didn’t receive an email then your ADRS are fine.”

2 Likes

I’m sorry to all who lost reservations. That’s lousy. :frowning:

2 Likes

That is good news, hope it is accurate, thanks so much. Was not sure how I was going to explain to the people that I am meeting for dinner that I lost it cause I tried to make it 30 minutes earlier.

1 Like

Just to update, as of this morning mine are still there. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Mine too!! But now I have an ADR overload because I’ve gone and booked back up ones in case the glitch ones get cancelled and I feel like a hoarder!!

3 Likes

Still have mine also.

1 Like

Mine are still there as well

1 Like