Dining glitch - reservations to be cancelled

I just lost Beaches and Cream, but not T rex.

Was that something you added, or just modified?

I just lost all of the ones I booked during the glitch including one that just had the time modified. This was for 11/29 and 11/30 at Oga’s and Hollywood & Vine.

Still waiting on an email and gift card from Disney.

1 Like

Modified from party of 4 to party of 3. Everything else stayed the same.

Mine are gone. All of them. :sob:

I lost the Beaches that I modified the time. And I lost Sci Fi, which was replacing 50s Primetime. And of course I had already cancelled 50s.

Even the backup ones you booked??

Anything I modified (even by 20 minutes) or made new that day is gone.

I lost 9 ADRs

Mine are gone, nothing from Disney

So, I went in to mde and started looking around for the dates of my trip. It looks like there’s a lot of availability…
Did they seriously just fix their glitch by redumping the cancelled ADRs back into the pool?
Only Disney man. Worst IT ever.

1 Like

I just checked for me. Nothing available for what I lost.

I was actually able to basically rebook my original b&c for 4 at the same day and time. Know for a fact it wasn’t there yesterday bc i considered booking a backup in case they took it.

That’s because they just deleted someone else’s reservation that was made or modified during the “Glitch Window”

Yeah, I was not able to replace my original ADRs either.

But theoretically, that shouldn’t be possible. Lol.

No just the ones I booked during the glitch. Which was all of my ADRs up until I started adding back up ones yesterday. The ones I booked yesterday are still there.

Mine are gone too. And one of those ADRs was for CRT which I had to pay for at the time of booking. I hope that is refunded quickly.

Sadly this behavior is to be expected.

Every reservation is a single entry, has no history, and a contains a timestamp that is updated every time the reservation is “touched” (i.e. created or modified).

Disney’s only recourse is to delete any reservation with a timestamp that falls within the “Glitch Window” There isn’t a way to delete all such reservations instantaneously so they are slowly marching though the list deleting them one by one.

Therefore you will see available slots appear and disappear until the list is cleaned up.

Everything I booked during the glitch is also gone, except for Yak & Yeti. Not sure why that one stayed. No communication from Disney. Are yall calling? I lost some pretty big things due to modifying times. I am so sad.

Just got an email about the gift card…

"We are deeply sorry to share with you today that we are reaching out about a recent dining reservation and/or experience booking you made through your My Disney Experience account. On Tuesday, November 3, our dining reservation and experience booking system unfortunately experienced an unanticipated technical issue for a short period of time, and while we worked as quickly as possible to resolve this, during that period the system displayed reservation times at locations that were unavailable and fully booked.

As we continue to limit attendance and promote physical distancing, we are not able to keep reservations made during that period of time and we will unfortunately be automatically cancelling the following dining reservation(s) and/or experience booking(s):

Your Cancellation Confirmation Number is (redacted)

Reservation for 3 on 12/1/2020

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop - Disney’s Beach Club Resort

5:30 PM

We are incredibly sorry this happened and recognize how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning visits to Walt Disney World Resort. We know this may have altered your plans – and as a thank you for making us part of your day – you will be receiving a $25 digital Disney Gift Card sent by Disney Gift Card Services that you can use during your next visit."