Dining glitch - reservations to be cancelled

Actually I typed too soon. I also just an an email after posting that I didn’t. Seven ADRs were canceled. I got seven separate emails and each said I would get a $25 gift card.

1 Like

I lost my original reservation when I modified my time.

Just got my cancelation emails and lost my original ADRs.

If we are all losing our original ADRs who got them? That is what I don’t understand. Or why isn’t there availability showing? Like, if I modify then someone in that “glitch” window grabbed the other time they would be losing their reservation, too, right? My brain hurts lol.

In theory, that’s how it should work. But I don’t know if Disney has enough IT smarts to figure that one out or not. I think a phone call is in order, sooner than later.

1 Like

I think that it did happen that way, but some of those might’ve been snapped up today before you got there.
I happened to be in Facebook when the first reports came in…I immediately went to mde, saw mine was gone and was able to book the same ADR I originally had before the glitch. Same time, day, #of people, everything. I’m half convinced it was my original ADR. But anyone who doesn’t catch it in those first moments might’ve had less luck.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I m trying to decide if it’s even worth it to call. We lost two Ogas on two different days that were modified from original reservations made at 6 am central time on my 60 day. That just sucks.

Any theories on why my Y&Y wasn’t canceled? Made during the glitch.

My theory would be that it is a privately owned restaurant that could handle the increased ccapacity?

2 Likes

My Landry’s T Rex modified during the glitch didn’t go away yet either. Wonder if it’s a Landry’s thing. I know Landry’s has their own pool of reservations, maybe they just gave some of them to Disney Dining. In the past if I couldn’t get a Landry’s ADR, I’d just call them direct. Don’t know if that works with Y&Y, but I know TRex and Rainforest you can.

Welp. Mine are gone too. Not so upset about losing my newly made sci fi lunch. But my BOG reservation that I modified 1 hour earlier stings. It’s totally gone. :cry:.

i’m on hold. If anyone has any burning questions that you’d like me to ask for you i’ve probably got, oh, another hour on hold or so before I talk to anyone. So drop 'em here. I’m planning on asking when the gift cards will come, how they’ll come, and if it’s $25 per account, or per reservation.

2 Likes

“you will be receiving a $25 digital Disney Gift Card sent by Disney Gift Card Services that you can use during your next visit.”

It’s per reservation. So if 2 reservations were cancelled, you’ll get 2 $25 digital gift cards.

i received the same email. All that says is that you will receive a $25 gift card. No where does it say “per reservation” I had ten reservations cancelled. I received 10 emails. All they have to do is give me one $25 gift card, and technically, they would be fulfilling what they stated in each email. I hope it’s per reservation, but until I see it, I have a lot of doubt about the situation

It is possible that the slot you relinquished was taken by someone else AFTER the “Glitch Window” closed and BEFORE we were made aware of the problem.

Gotcha. Let us know what you find out.

I just got my gift card.

It’s per reservation. I got 2 gift card emails with 2 different numbers.

welp, i just got $250 dollars in Disney gift cards. I forgive you, Disney

9 Likes

This sucks so much! I’m so sorry that happened to everyone!

2 Likes