Magic band+

Love the Ewoks holiday MB+

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone is still talking about these but I am charging my grey Mickey band for a evening at MK tonight. I noticed it needs an update and decided to change my color scheme for fun. There are now special themes available that were not before :smiley:

@OBNurseNH I believe you have this band too :smiley:

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone is still talking about these but I am charging my grey Mickey band for a evening at MK tonight. I noticed it needs an update and decided to change my color scheme for fun. There are now special themes available that were not before :smiley:

2 Likes

I do. I wasn’t going to bring it but maybe I will?

I was just so underwhelmed by it, and then annoyed at all the buzzing for reasons I wasn’t understanding.

3 Likes

I mostly wear mine to make sure I get ride photos :wink:

6 Likes

Correct. I’m bringing a class action suit against Disney. It is clearly a beta product. It was not ready for market.

3 Likes

We opted for a couple MB2s for our upcoming trip because of the underwhelming reports surrounding the plus. But then we were underwhelmed by the band selection- clearly they want you to get the cute/clever/generally nicer looking plus that requires a lot of charging and $$.

2 Likes

I bought the MB+ for our trip in December just to try it out. I wore it a couple days, but went back to my normal MB instead. I just didn’t see any need/benefit to the MB+…unless you wanted to use it to find the statues or other hidden items around the parks. I didn’t. And after watching a video on doing bounty hunting in SWGE, that just didn’t look fun at all…at least not in the crowds where the lines were quite long for each assignment.

And frankly, my standard MB was nicer looking and more comfortable to wear.

2 Likes

MB+ lose charge after awhile, so if you want to use them, top them up the night before.

1 Like

I got.one for this trip but only because I am going to DLR so figured I wanted one that works there too. I got black and that purple will be pretty with it.

I really wanted the white orange bird or balck sparkly MB2…

1 Like

Got them for upcoming DLR trip also…

Any ideas I heard they can’t be used to open room doors or make purchases in California?

I have heard that hotel key and charging to the room are coming later. For now, it works in the parks as a ticket and Genie scanner, plus does the bounty hunter thingamabob in SWGE. My husband enjoyed the bounty hunter thing in WDW so we are bringing our MB+ to DL this February, and will get DS19 one, as well, if he wants to play.

2 Likes

I thought it would be easier for me to have one so that my DH can use his phone, my DDs ticket will be on my phone and I can use the MB+. Also thought the bounty hunter game would be fun if we were hanging out waiting for star wars characters.

1 Like

I am curious if people have been getting their magicband+s in time for their trips. I ordered mine a few weeks ago and it hasn’t shipped. My trip is in three weeks.

My last trip was in August and I was able to order magicband+s (it was right as they were coming out) but they arrived at my home during the trip, so I’m a little worried about a repeat situation.

2 Likes

I got mine about two weeks after ordering. Hopefully yours will ship soon? Once they send you the “shipped” notification, it says it takes 10 days, which was about right for me.

2 Likes

I checked on my order placed a few days ago and it’s messed up!

First off, the slashed out price is the lower price I’m paying. The total charge is correct. But look at the names! The names were already in there, like pre populated. I clearly didn’t delete my name and type in DHs for my Epcot band :face_with_spiral_eyes: I guess I have to call guest services now!

1 Like

Of course, they arrived today! I never got a shipping notification, but I am so happy they are here!!!

3 Likes

Two MB+ for DW and I and four regular MBs for my kids! They are excited!

6 Likes

Wonder twin powers, activate!

6 Likes

I thought the same thing. :joy:

2 Likes