Magic band+

How did the kids take that? We did the opposite and got MB+ for the kids and regular MBs for DW and me.

2 Likes

They have no idea the difference, as I am smart enough not to tell them. We will find out when we’re in the parks and our MBs do different stuff. :rofl: I didn’t want to have to be in charge of charging four MBs every night.

Plus they don’t have smartphones to link to and play the games, which we may not do anyway.

5 Likes

I’ve seen that some people have trouble getting their ride photos and have to follow up afterwards to get missing photos. Is it more likely to get all your photos with MB+? Or (in theory) should a newly purchased regular MB be just as likely, and it’s more luck when it comes to ride photos?

1 Like

Note on MB

I got the black sparkly one - and it catches on EVERYTHING

Never did get a sparkly one before so this was news to me. Won’t get one again because it left pull marks on my clothes :frowning:

5 Likes

All our ride photos showed up automatically with our MB+.

2 Likes

We had a MB+ and a MB2 and rode all rides at the same time. There wasn’t an appreciable difference in terms of getting ride photos that I noticed. GotG was definitely the worst ride for getting photos for us and we didn’t get any of the photos when we sat together but did get some when DS sat with other Liners. DS had the MB+ but because he had the same magic band on when we sat side by side I don’t think it made any difference. Unless I am missing something which happens A LOT.

2 Likes

That sucks! Sorry. I hate pull marks and pilling. Especially on any treasured Disney gear.

2 Likes

Refuse to “like” this. Thanks for the warning, though!

4 Likes

That’s too bad. Glad I didn’t get one of the sparkly ones for my daughter then. She was sad about getting just a solid pink with no glitter. Thanks for warning us.

I was thinking about buying some overlay decals from Etsy. I did that last time and they were cute, but the spray on sunscreen rubbed off the pattern. Now they seem to have solved that issue by putting some type of clear coat on them. I like pretty bands, I just don’t like to pay a lot more for them! Has anyone else used the vinyl decals?

2 Likes

Ok- so I used my magicband+ at DLR and honestly for me it’s super helpful for tickets and DAS. The photo guys loved it no messing with phones or the paper cards after…

That said unexpected trip to WDW…anyone done the swap yet?

2 Likes

We’ve always used them, never had any issues. I buy from magicyourband.com.

2 Likes

Do you mean used the same bands at WDW that you already used at Disneyland? Yes, @Wahoohokie has done that with no issues.

3 Likes

Yup that exactly

1 Like

Another magicyourband fan here!

2 Likes

I don’t want to have to buy MB+ for my DAS, but I don’t want to have to deal with my phone either. Ugh. I found a great forum post with the same issue. Then I realized it was my post.

3 Likes

Honestly- MB is for me at least super convenient - and worth it but do go to the WDW every chance I get. I am here now solo. The mb+ I am wearing was a 50th birthday present from my son. Poor kid hunted the springs for the exact one I asked for. (Partners)

for me personally - I use mobility aides and it’s a lot easier than struggling to find somewhere to lean and dig out phone, this may not be an issue for you or if you travel with others that can assist.

3 Likes

How did you get magicband 2? I cant find hardly any availability? I dont have any interest in the extras the MB+ gets you. The games, the vib/flashing etc. And I dont need anything else to charge in the evening. Our trip isnt unitil August, so Im not in a hurry, but are they still making MB 2? I really dontbwant to wait til there

After stalking the ShopDisney restocks (with nothing much showing up) and deciding I didn’t want to wait to purchase on-site - I ended up picking some up off eBay. I ended up choosing some unpopular designs for cheaper than retail price, since we usually put magicyourband stickers on them anyway.

When I purchased through MDE for my upcoming trip, there were several MB2s toward the end of the list. This only works if you have a hotel stay. Not sure how shopdisney’s selection looks.

2 Likes

I cannot find the thread where I thought @OBNurseNH shared this so posting here. I got these band keeper things and they were well worth the $7. It saved my band twice and my friend’s band once so I highly recommend. (I lost my magicband+ last year so I was very concerned about this.).

6 Likes