Magic band+

I rode it at least once… but well before 1993, because I was still a kid. It is possible I rode it in the ninth grade as well, since I went to MK with a friend’s family over spring break.

Know that we know Magic Band+ will be coming to DLR-

Has anyone seen any mention of using 1 band for both coasts?

Can it eventually be linked to both park apps?

1 Like

My MB worked all over the Aulani resort and it’s just linked to MDE. Aulani has it’s own app, but nowhere to link a MB just your reservation. I wonder about your question too.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lol my son got me the partners- for my birthday
But now the DVC one is available for pre-order :smirk: probably gonna need a second right?

2 Likes

a second, or third… fourth :laughing: Here’s some of mine/ours

4 Likes

You are such a bad influence

7 Likes

:innocent: :blush: :laughing: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

(she takes a bow and cheers!)

5 Likes

I haven’t but it would be really maddening if the same MB+ couldn’t be used at both WDW and DLR. So here’s to hoping!

4 Likes

I read somewhere that Alien Encounter was pretty scary. Too bad, that was kinda the point, imo.

When we went in ‘06 it’d been rethemed to Stich’s Great Escape and it was too cute to be scary.

What I’d really like to see one day is an Aliens Encounter, themed to the 1986 movie with Sigourney Weaver…

4 Likes

Alien Encounter was pretty scary because you were in the complete darkness, with a shoulder harness and then, BAM, a big, loud, scary alien appears in the center of the room. Adults and kids screaming from being startled. I liked it. Anyone remember Mission to Mars that preceded AE? I remember liking that one too.

8 Likes

It was SO well done. Very realistic feeling. Too real, which is partly why it got revamped. But we saw it. My wife was petrified by it, and we came out of the experience with grown adults literally in tears.

I’ll admit, I wasn’t scared by it. But I was utterly fascinated at how they pulled it all off. Some of the same trickery was used in Stitch, but it didn’t have the scare factor any longer. Like, for example…there was no eating of the crew member with gratuitous blood spattering any longer.

6 Likes

A friend of mine who I went to disney with multiple years ago is about to head back down there with his family. He was asking me if Stitch was still open…because he so vividly remembers the horrendous stench of the belch on that ride.
That was such a downgrade from Alien Encounter (and Stitch is my fave character!)

4 Likes

Yep! That was neat, for its day, with the views in the floor and in the ceiling as you take off. I think Space 220 does that same bit in its elevator.

I liked AE much more than Stitch. AE totally creeped me out! To me, it wasn’t the sudden noise in the dark, it was being in the dark, pinned down by the metal shoulder restraint, hearing the sound of it walking around, feeling the shoulder restraint press down as (if) it walked by, and then the breath on the back of my neck! !!:scream:!!! :alien:!!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about the breath on the neck thing!

2 Likes

That sounds SO COOL. Hate I missed it!!

5 Likes

It was TOO scary for us :grimacing: :scream:

1 Like

You can watch videos, but it doesn’t do it justice. It was a full sensory experience!

4 Likes

I know we didn’t find Stitch to be scary, but lots of kids actually did. I thought it was cute, but I am glad to never have to sit through the belch again. Which I would, because the younger niece told me numerous times “it’s stupid that Stitch isn’t open anymore.”

I remember Mission to Mars! (As well as Skyway flying over 20k leagues under the sea, then riding those submarines afterwards)

I don’t remember being impressed by it though… I think the audio-animatronics hadn’t aged particularly well by the early 90s.

2 Likes

I got ours for Christmas today.

11 Likes