Magic band+

Assuming the pre-arrival price is less than $39.99, we will be buying them for our family trip mid August. This is our first trip, so we don’t have any old ones to use. And we live near DL, so I look forward to being able to use them for years to come since we can recharge them. But a thought just occurred to me - will the puck be removable on these new bands so I can attach it to my Apple Watch? I might end up buying myself the old version and get the new ones for everyone else.

1 Like

I did some research and DFB says the puck is removable. However, it is larger than the old pucks, so I assume the current holders sold on Etsy won’t work.

I will be arriving July 31 with DH and DS13. I plan on getting one, so I will report here and let you all know!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Then you have the ones like my husband who are tax accountants, whose job is to take what you made and figure out how to cut costs on that. Legally.

2 Likes

Ok so I am really excited for these- August 5th can’t come fast enough lol

(@ryan1 am that annoying mom that still forces my adult family to wear the interactive ears…and most trips my pal Mickey is along for the ride…)

2 Likes

Our newest magic bands are 2.5 years old because I never ended up ordering the magic bands that were included with our annual passes in 2020. I did see that the ability to order these is still listed on my account however, so I’ll probably end up getting MB+’s for our end of September trip (-14.99$)…partly because I don’t trust our old ones to capture ride photos but also I think my kids will really enjoy the interactive parts. They love scavenger hunts and I’m betting it will greatly add to their engagement to find the 50th sculptures. I hope they offer some cute ones!

1 Like

Also very interested. Have my WDW trip coming up early Sept. Just checked my on-site resort reservation, and they’re still offering MagicBand 2. Interested to see when MB+ will be offered, and what styles, for pre-order. Hopefully arrive here before I leave for the trip

3 Likes

I have had no luck with pre- order and magic bands being at resort for pickup…

Hopefully they will be available to ship…

DD21 and I have tentative plans to hit HS on the 28th to try them out. I don’t normally fo first day of things because I hate having to dodge all the vloggers :wink: hopefully we can buy at least one MB+ that one of us wants on that day!

4 Likes
  • ohhh please if it’s not asking to much can you post where you find them and what styles are available

Would really appreciate it -

2 Likes

Sure will!

2 Likes

Does anyone have pictures of the ‘25+’ designs for the Magic Band+?

I’ve seen about 10 different designs in the various press releases, but curious if there is any website that shows them all?

2 Likes

No, but I’m interested as well, for an upcoming Sept WDW visit. Particularly any Star Wars and/or Galactic Starcruiser MB+. My guess is, we’ll see full pics in the next couple days as they’re released

1 Like

I am shocked to be saying this, but the price is reasonable.

1 Like

Just had this conversation-
Purchase the new magic band + $34.99
Or upgrade my gen1 Apple Watch that doesn’t support magic mobile $ 349.+

I like the idea that they are rechargeable but really hope they don’t need to be recharged everyday (as suggested by Disney Tourist Blog article). For me, the trade off of haptics for need to recharge daily = not worth it

2 Likes

Just put it on the charger while you’re sleeping? Easy peasy!

1 Like

Does anyone know what time of day new items are generally buyable via shopdisney and/or via MDE with a resort reservation?

And shareholders / stock market types.

2 Likes