Magic band+

Per twitter, they’ll be on ShopDisney at 7am Pacific - so 10am Eastern.

MDE…anyone’s guess. I’d like to think they wouldn’t drop them at the same time as ADRs open up…but who knows if they’ll try that or if it’ll be earlier or later.

I’ll definitely be checking early and often.

1 Like

The BIG question for those going through MDE with resort reservations is…

Are they going to prioritize orders in order of arrival date or not. I’ve seen people on another forum saying “Yeah, I’m not going until May, but I’m getting mine tomorrow.” I’m there August 20 and will not be happy if people arriving in 2023 snatch them all up.

Question though… I’m getting really close to my deadline to order. If you’re in the US, do you have an option to just do resort pick-up if you’re a bit outside the window? I don’t trust the combination of the USPS and my mail carriers (we never have the same one twice it seems) to get it here on time and would rather have it waiting for me at the Contemporary.

1 Like

I’m worried about running into the same supply and limited designs if I wait until 45 days out. 2019 I remember I had the option to have MB sent to my resort vs shipped.

FIFY

4 Likes

Your choice to do those. They are not required to enjoy your trip.

1 Like

I kinda wish they’d make the MB+ orders at 60 days like ADRs. It would probably make it easier on them as well with supply.

This is my worry, too. We arrive August 13. Ugh. I think I’ll stay up until midnight tonight to check MDE. A few nights ago new bands popped up just after midnight. Then, if there’s no drop, wake up early and hope for the best.

I wanted to go in and check to see if there is a “hold at resort” option, but I’m afraid to as I really don’t want a new now old-style MB and you have to click “complete order” before you see anything about shipping.

When we went in May, there wasn’t an option to pick up at the resort, but there was a period of time during which an order placed would automatically be delivered to the resort instead of shipped. I can’t recall what the cut-off was, but I think around 6-10 days in advance. If you go on the Magic Band part of MDE, it lets you know the time frames for each method of delivery.

Really stinks for those of us with unreliable mail delivery.

I don’t want to wait until I’m in the 6-10 day window and be stuck with the dregs of whatever is there. But I don’t want to spend the money to not have it arrive on time.

1 Like

I’d gotten an email from someone in the “executive office” in response to my email - pretty sure all I asked was if the WCC breakfast and lunch menus were really the same - with a number to call back (seriously not sure why that can’t be a simple yes or no email, but…). Because I decided I don’t want to deal with the crap they think is cute with the ketchup and so forth, it’s a moot point and I had not called back. BUT I decided to call and ask about the whole shipping vs. having them just sent to the resort. Got her voice mail - we’ll see if she calls back and what she says.

3 Likes

If you click on the Why? next to number of days left to order it will show you this:

As soon as you book your Resort stay, choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship to your home.

10-6 Days Before Your Trip
Choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship only to your Resort.

5-1 Days Before Your Trip
MagicBand selection is no longer available.

1 Like

My question was if you are outside the 6-10 days but within 30 because not all of us have reliable mail service and that 6-10 day window leads to strong odds that you will be on vacation while your MB+ sits at your mailbox.

I just spoke with the person who had called in response to my email about something else. Here is what she said: If you’re outside of the 6-10 days but close enough you’re nervous about it getting to you, you can input the resort address where you are staying to have it shipped there. She was not sure if there would be the option to just have it sent there if you’re outside of the 10 days, but you can input the resort address.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that MB+ will use up a charge in 2-3 days, but Disney recommends charging them every day. This makes sense to me, to have the RFID, bluetooth, and NFC capabilities as strong as possible. And if your battery gives out at the end of the day because you didn’t fully charge it the night before, you could be missing out on some of the most fun parts possible, with it performing for you during the nighttime firework spectacular show in whatever park you’re in.

1 Like

Just looked, and plenty MB+ options have been added for resort guests. The plain colors are $24.99, and the graphic options appear to be $34.99. So, the usual $10 off for resort guests.

Here are just a few examples of options right now.

7 Likes

MB+ is live on MDE for resort guests. Was just able to order.

3 Likes

I have a resort stay in December and was interested to see the selection of MB+ and what designs they had come up with.

I was met with this:

I wasn’t surprised. Disney had already cut overseas guests out of the deal with regular MBs.

That was not always the case. You used to be able to get them, with your name on, and pick them up at your hotel when you checked in.

Incidentally, I wasn’t trying to make a purchase. I was trying to see the selection. It wouldn’t even show them to me. And how helpful to provide a prohibitively expensive US number to overseas guests.

This is just one in an ever-increasing list of ways in which Disney has decided to disappoint its guests in favour of cost-cutting. Though I don’t even see where the saving is here.

My boycott of MB+ stays firm.

You know, when Epic Universe opens, the idea of coming to Orlando and not visiting WDW becomes credible to me.

3 Likes

Just got our new bands ordered. Site seemed to be slowing down the longer that I was on it. But I got the Partners MB+ and DH and DS both got the Darth Vader.

6 Likes

Being on the west coast, I started looking at 9pm. Saw them pop up about 10:30. Then, after selecting for our crew on my mobile device, it wouldn’t find my card and said ‘Try Again’. Tried on my work computer on Chrome, no dice, Safari…no dice, Chrome in Incognito. Bingo!

I got Partners, DW got 4 parks, DMIL to Tinkerbell, DD12 got 50th Anniversary Castle and DD10 got the pink food one. Kids are going to be thrilled in the morning!

5 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who ordered tonight! I was ambivalent about it all until about 15 mins ago and decided to check availability (just in case) and yep the choices all loaded so just got 4 for my family. It’s only money right?

The trip is still a surprise for the kids so they won’t get their bands until we tell them the night before we leave in November. Hope the love for Stitch and Grogu carries until then because that’s what I picked for DD and DS bands, respectively.

7 Likes