Magic band+

Oh and a heads up for any non USA/Canada guests.

We can’t pre order magic bands! Or get the pre arrival discount!

UNLESS….
You get that VPN going and then log onto USA site and you can then pre-order Make sure your within that 6-10 day window to get them delivered to your resort.

3 Likes

Yep we used a vpn otherwise no MB pre order from uk

1 Like

:person_raising_hand:t3:Not sure I am going to fork out the money for 3 of those new bands though. Maybe 1. My kids are adults now, guess they can buy their own if they want them.

5 Likes

I sort of wish they would put out all of the designs of the first batch so that we know what we could get on the 27th.

2 Likes

We are going on August 13th. I am torn about getting one. On one hand, I LOVE magic bands and wear one all week. On the other hand, the added features just don’t quite do it for me. The Star Wars stuff could be cool, but the rest is just meh for me.

If I end up pulling the trigger, I’ll give some feedback after our trip.

4 Likes

I tend to agree with this assessment. I think I’ll wait until bloggers/vloggers/touring plans folks can review these before I purchase. The regular magic band selections online in MDE have been really slim. Last night they finally dropped some solid and glitter colors, but I’m still holding out hope that more options will come out (or the price will drop on those) once MagicBand+ rolls out. My crew could definitely use some new bands…juts maybe not for $40 a piece.

I noticed that myself this morning.

I think one of the big benefits of the new bands is they’re rechargeable. Although the battery doesn’t matter for stuff you touch the band on - like paying - it is needed for ride photos that link automatically - so if you end up buying a new band every 2 or 3 years because of that, these could be worth it.

3 Likes

Raising my hand as someone who, in the past, brought multiple magic bands so that I can wear a different color every day. I like variety!!! (And like it better at free or $5/$10 a band versus $39.99) =)

The prices for these are not too bad, all things considered. I may spring for them as a Christmas present before our trip next year. I hope the $39.99 is the pre-discounted price (for hotel guests)? But I’m assuming not.

2 Likes

DD has a 3 hour training during her shift Saturday. We just made the connection that it is most likely for these.

5 Likes

That’s exciting!

This is Disney playing catch-up with Universal again.

Blue milk = poor man’s Butterbeer

Magic Band+ = poor man’s interactive wand

I wonder if I’ll stay firm with my boycott.

7 Likes

Narrator (preferably Morgan Freeman): We all knew he wouldn’t. We have permanent whiplash keeping up with him.

8 Likes

I would say this is Disney trying to put in the smallest amount of effort to check the box and say they have it too.

Blue Milk = $7.99
Butter Beer = $7.99

Same cost…this is Disney when they take away creativity in Imagineering and give it to the finance department.

Magic Band+ = $34.99 (pre-purchase price for hotel guests?)
Interactive wand = $59

This is Disney trying to find another way to make the “glow with the show” initiative successful. I think it is also another attempt to justify the large amounts of cash they threw into the magic band initiative.

Internal delays with Magic Band + have left it as a lack luster release. I am sure they had too many technical issues with the IT team and had to scale back what they wanted to release.

As you said…

A poor man’s comparison in both innovative-ness and capabilities.

3 Likes

(Not directed at you, but society in general for allowing this myth to perpetuate:)

Accountants calculate things. They do not give a crap about profitability. We don’t control how much you make/spend - we just tell you how much you made/spent.

It’s finance people who care about cutting costs and maximizing profits.

19 Likes

I’m not sure these perks are worth my money, but I look forward to all of your reviews!

2 Likes

My mistake. Corrected above.

1 Like

Ha ha thanks! Now the finance people are going to swoop in and say it’s someone else. :rofl:

2 Likes

I looked at my MB list in MDE and I have 30 listed. I know I don’t have them all anymore

2 Likes