Magic band+

Went to HS last night. This time I charged my band all day until we left the house around 3:00. I collected all the statues and we did 3 bounty hunter rounds. We were in the park for about 5 hours and this morning my band still has a partial charge so no issues with battery.

As for the bounty hunter game. I thought it was really fun. I’m not sure if everyone starts on the same bounty or not but the first 2 we did were in the same location, that was my biggest complaint. My DD couldn’t use hers but it’s a AP/CM maingate pass issue that won’t affect any of you. So we just traded off with mine. So easy to do if you have kids and only want to buy one to share.

We didn’t do them all because my feet needed a break and I want to do some with DH too.

I really hope there are more things coming like this. I miss SOTMK and I think this would be a fun way to bring a new version of that to MK. Then maybe a find all the animals at AK, learn about the countries in EP.

It has potential. And if you are buying a new one anyway I would get it.

9 Likes

Thanks for this well thought out update. This was all the info I wanted to hear. That and I’m wondering what they will do with our order since I heard the partners MB+ was pulled from the shelves for problems and that is the one I ordered for my husband. I’m also wondering if/when the new Ducktales game in world showcase opens, If it will use MB+

5 Likes

Oh maybe, I keep forgetting that is a thing :rofl:

4 Likes

I keep thinking Disney forgot it is a thing too

4 Likes

I have my doubts it will ever be a thing, since the series was cancelled.

2 Likes

Update: still shows “In Progress” and not shipped. My first day at resort is Tuesday!

I liked the Phinneas and Ferb one. We (me, DS13, DD19) still watch P&F sometimes.

1 Like

I just thought of something, and I can’t read the fine print. Are these new MBs waterproof like the old ones are?

1 Like

So what you’re saying is I should order it now (37 days out)? Also, it’s my niece (9) and me… should I get us both one, or will just one be good enough to get the benefits?

1 Like

Mine got a pretty good test last night and seemed to be ok in the rain. I didn’t technically swim but there was a lot of rain :grimacing:

4 Likes

Disney says the new MB+ is “waterproof for pools and water slides”. Interesting wording, implying that it’s waterproof for any uses you’d have in Disney parks. But maybe not for scuba diving or such, lol.

2 Likes

showers? rain or tubs :wink:

Thanks y’all

1 Like

Oh, and to note, Disney uses the same wording with the old MB. So anywhere you would take the old MB, the new MB+ would work just as well

2 Likes

Generally, the IPX rating of most devices such as watches or phones is to a depth of 2 meters up to an hour, give or take…so, Scuba diving would definitely be off the table!

Thanks for this! We will be at WDW in late January so I’m going to wait and see how this progresses. We only have our two MB2s from June 2021 and I haven’t seen a MB2 design I really want yet (to order with our reservations). But this might make getting a MB+ more interesting, particularly if we can share it. Decisions, decisions :upside_down_face:

I just called Disney and they were 100% unhelpful. “Yes, I see your order is in the system. No, we don’t know when they will ship. If they don’t arrive before you leave for your trip, you can always buy one at the parks. There is no cancellation and no refunds.”
Oh, and also “once it ships, you will get a tracking number, then you will know when it will arrive.”

1 Like

I’m sorry, I just went back to look at my order history and I ordered 3 regular MBs on July 2 and received them on July 11th. I placed a MB+ order on July 31 and it’s still in process.

3 Likes

I placed my order on 7/27 and it still says in progress. We arrive on 8/10 so very unlikely it gets here. Fingers crossed they show up at the front desk.

3 Likes

The MB+s don’t do anything at home right? That “works with alexa” stuff is only for the disney-centric echoes that were tested (and not well received) in the hotels?

What the heck do the MB+s do with the Echoes anyway?

1 Like

The MB+ from WDW will also work at DLR later this year, when DLR starts using them. Exact features and uses will be different.

2 Likes