Lurkers!

This is also what brought me out of Lurkerdom a few years ago. But since the pandemic started, I’ve been in and out depending on how crazy life is at the time. I’m always on here, but often I’m only following a few specific threads, oblivious to others. And very rarely comment. But every once in a while I’ll remember to go to “Latest”

One reason I love this forum is they make it so easy to quote something in a reply to make the conversation more clear. Comments can still be relevant 100 posts down, but quoting helps with context!

This happens to me especially on the crazy, multi-liner trip reports. I want to be a part of the conversation but it moves too fast. I’m usually on here for a few minutes every few hours at most.

You’re my kind of person!

Howdy! I hope your May trip is magical! It is a great time to go.

I found my people here too!

So do these things still put you off?

Hello fellow semi-part-time-lurker!

16 Likes

Shout out to the Disney and Universal employees who are paid to lurk on forums. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

22 Likes

Mostly no!

I’m still very wary of how much information I put out into the internet (especially after my old screen name was outed IRL).
It makes me uncomfortable to see what other people share (IE things I wouldn’t share), but I just leave them to it because everyone has their own boundaries.

As for the length of posts, it all boils down to my interest level :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:

8 Likes

Wait they are supposed to be paying me? :wink:

14 Likes

Not sure how many people have noticed, but I’ve recently “anonymized” my profile as much as possible for privacy reasons. Not much I can do about pictures (I love posting them), but I’ve scrubbed actual names from all my posts (and username). Since only 2-3 people have actually said anything, I’m assuming most people just recognize my avatar and don’t notice my username change.

ETA: or maybe people don’t know who NoBellePrizeWinner is at all because I havent finished my last two trip reports (or even started the Wish report at all actually…)

12 Likes

Sorry, you’re not on the super secret spy team. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Or are you? :thinking::flushed:

That would explain why you never get any shifts and are always hanging around here.

Better ask about that paycheck.

10 Likes

I noticed it when I saw the notification and didn’t realise it was you until I clicked into the thread :laughing:

4 Likes

:sunglasses::disguised_face::shushing_face:

9 Likes

@ThorKat we’re done with APRs and Park Hopping restrictions OK?? :+1:t2::+1:t2:

11 Likes

Oh I am soooo done with this!! The APR’s aren’t as big of a deal now that the parks are fully open. I only have issues on really busy days. And do I really want to even be there in that busy of a day?!

9 Likes

I’m just noticing it now. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I used to be equally active on chat as the forum but except for during a trip I rarely post there now. But I don’t lurk either, I just never look at it.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s very rarely I go there. I have to really be out of things to read around here! :rofl:

4 Likes

I noticed and think your new name is funny. I assumed you’d changed it for a specific reason and you’d change it back in a few days or weeks.

8 Likes

I also thought this. I also didn’t feel like I know @NoBellePrizeWinner well enough to call them out on the name change.

Once a lurker, always a lurker :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

This is absolutely true! I have pretty much replaced other social media with the forum and am much happier for it!

13 Likes

I knew who NoBellePrizeWinner was instantly because (for me) duh.
I assumed it was related to a disappointing change of plans
I went on interacting with them just as before, because I lurves my friend!

12 Likes

Me too. I mostly lurked on Disneyland threads and ignored everything else. Then Covid hit and I got sucked into the “Coronavirus - Is it safe to Travel?” thread. From there I got sucked in one thread at a time. I fear I’ll never get out now!!

14 Likes

I have a hard time with this too, and sometimes I’m on the trip!

8 Likes