Lurkers!

I find it’s harder when you are on the trip!

7 Likes

Saw your avatar and thought, oh it’s _____, but then thought I must be wrong because the user name was changed. Finally figured it out! I’m a little slow on the uptake sometimes but will get there in the end!

8 Likes

I noticed and I may have been one of the ones who commented about it, or if I didn’t I assumed you didn’t want to draw attention to it.

5 Likes

I was like, “Huh. That’s weird. Same avatar as this other guy… who I haven’t seen around in a while. Strange” :laughing:

13 Likes

I mostly lurk for a few reasons:

1. I don’t know how you, regular posters, have so much time to keep up with all the threads here :thinking:. By the time I read it, the discussion has usually moved on to something else.

2. As mentioned by others, I do not feel like I have much to contribute with only 3 trips to WDW so far, I mostly ask questions.

3. No WDW trip in plans until at least 2025. But I still want to stay up to date on news, tips and tricks.

4. With English as a second language, I cannot always express my thoughts as clearly as I would like to.

Having said all that, I really appreciate TP forum community, it feels like family here. :hugs:

28 Likes

(Fwiw, I’m now lurking on the lurkers thread. Weird.)

18 Likes

Lurker here and another frequent post like-er, although I just changed my username before posting since it contained too much of my real name.

We went to WDW for the first time in 2021, just 2 days at MK and 1 at UOR. It was fun but $$$, and we have other priorities so not sure when we’ll be back. We’re doing a character breakfast at Aulani (without staying there!) and I never would’ve looked into that without this forum. It is a little embarrassing how much I know about Disney despite my limited personal experience… but also fun to bust it out IRL when I meet a fellow obsessive planning type, or can be helpful to someone who was overwhelmed like I was.

Basically social media became stressful for me during Covid, I cut it all off, but keep coming here because it’s chill and makes me happy.

21 Likes

Add something of value…that’s a standard that most posts fail to live up to but that doesn’t stop people from posting anyway :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

JAMES BROWN Sex Machine, Good Foot, Soul Power, Escapism, Make It Funky on Make a GIF

13 Likes

Helloooo! Similar to others who have fessed up here, I’ve been lurking for years because I could never figure out how to change my username. Then finally, thanks to this thread, I searched --within the forum itself-- and very easily found the help I needed. This place is the best.

I’m a recent parks fan and go about once a year with my pre-teen kiddo.

20 Likes

I was wondering if it were you.

4 Likes

Thank God that isn’t a rule - I’d never get to post anything.

It is now

16 Likes

:rofl: ok so here’s my post with no value :rofl:

13 Likes

EVERYTHING I post has value.

Negative value, sometimes…but value, nonetheless. :grin:

17 Likes
  1. It becomes addicting. I don’t read all of the threads. The ones I follow, I end up skimming a lot because I can’t keep up. Sometimes, I just have to skip parts completely.
  1. No problem! Everyone likes to share their experience… and we all may learn something from your questions.
  1. :100:
  1. Native English speaker and I have that problem too.
15 Likes

Glad you found a way to change your username so that you could post comfortably. Welcome to the forum too!! I also visit annually with my pre-teen and also lurked for about 3 years. The decision to stop lurking and to start posting was one that I am glad I made. Liners are great fun and so helpful and welcoming.

13 Likes

Same

7 Likes

Initially changed due to my canceling of Dopey 360 and no longer deserving of the title “Runner”. I still havent run since hurting my ankle mid-December :sob: :sob: :sob: I will run again, but I’ve come to like my new name so it’ll stick. Also like making it slightly more difficult to figure out my real identity.

You’re the best!

I’m 100% with you on this.

Sounds familiar!

Howdy!

Yes indeed, it is I, the (non)Winner Formerly Known as a (something)Runner

Same here. Sometimes I’ll actually spend several minutes writing a single sentence because I can’t find the words I want to use.

Lol, you guys know me pretty well!

16 Likes

I noticed! And immediately clicked on the profile and thought - either the Runner formerly known as has a new twinsey on the Forum or you changed for personal reasons. (But I’ve been absent for a few months - not lurking - because life got in the way, so didn’t know there was something to know about your recent experiences.)

Anyway, cheers to you and your ability to bring out the lurkers!

16 Likes

oooooooo now I want one. Even though I had a six pack of them (not all at once, lol!) a few weeks ago after canceling Dopey. Had to have my fix, you know?

9 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I’m taking this thread as a sign and invitation to be more active in the forums, so hopefully you’ll see me around more as I try to keep up with all the fun stuff going on here!

Suuuuper excited for my May trip - it’ll be me and DH on our long-awaited honeymoon (originally planned for 2020 blahhh). It’ll be his first trip to WDW ever! And so much has changed since my last trip, it all feels new again!

21 Likes