Lurkers!

How many of you are ex-lurkers? I mostly lurked for about 2 years before coming out of the shadows.

Then I decided to write a trip report and everybody was so nice and welcoming… After that , I never went back to being a lurker.

I feel I don’t have much to contribute in terms of Disney knowledge, but that doesn’t seem to matter. We have a friendly and inclusive community here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Truth!

10 Likes

This! When I have something to say, it was a comment on a post 100 posts back so it’s no longer relevant.

14 Likes

It may still be relevant despite being 100 posts later.

6 Likes

Chronic lurker here. I always have the best intentions to post, but then I blink and I’m 300 posts behind. And by the second blink I hit 1,000. And then I slink back into lurkerdom. It’s so bizarre though, because I feel like I know everyone and I just assume you know me too. And then I remember that I post once in a blue moon (usually on the threads about drinking :joy:) and no one has any idea who I am… At any rate - I’ll introduce myself. I’m Lynn and if you have any questions about Busch Gardens Williamsburg, let me know. You can almost see our house from the top of Griffin and we are there usually at least once a week. (Showing myself out!)

38 Likes

I’ve been there once a very long time ago (late 90s) and really enjoyed it! I was a teenager and it was my first time doing major roller coasters. I really loved the Alpengeist (sp?).

4 Likes

Your secret is out: you’re no :angel:

5 Likes

I never lurked. I am incapable of keeping my thoughts to myself.

19 Likes

Mine was very similar! I lurked for about 2 years and then came out of lurkerdom with a trip report, and then just exploded out of lurkerdom and never looked back :rofl:

15 Likes

Good ol crazy eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Yep, y’all are stuck with em :grin:

10 Likes

Well thank God for that! I don’t remember what life was like without you

9 Likes

Awwww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i just had to squeeze my kitty as a proxy for squeezing you

And right back at you!

12 Likes

Ok I seriously love your username! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Longtime sporadic lurker here! I come in to lurk whenever I’m planning a trip (or thinking about planning one)… sometimes when there’s no trip to WDW on the horizon it’s too hard to read about all the excitement and fun!

Anyways, I have a trip planned for May, so am using this post to tentatively come out of lurker-dom :smile: Hello to you all!

31 Likes

Not me.
Although I did try the forum many moons ago and was put off by the sharing of personal information and crazy long blog-type posts.
Chat became my medium of choice and I mostly forgot about the forum.
Then around pandemic time, when real life connections got dusted Thanos style, I came back here and found my people :heavy_heart_exclamation:

24 Likes

Hi! :wave:t3::wave:t3:
Welcome :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Not going to lie- feels very weird to lurk on the lurker thread so hi guys! I’m Shannon - an occasional poster (also due to being so far behind!) and frequent like-er of posts.

And these forums are just the best. Everyone is so kind, helpful and just the right amount of snark!

25 Likes

You didn’t really just say THAT to @Jeff_AZ, king of the TWSS here. :laughing:

11 Likes

I’m finding this even more disturbing than the stalker thread! :astonished: :blowfish: (too soon?)

That’s me!!!

So I was a lurker here in the forum but posting almost daily in chat. Now I poster here several times a day and occasionally lurk in chat! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: you’re so meta!

15 Likes