Lurker Does a Trip Report

Well it’s hard to keep up with these keeping up with the littles but we had an amazing day! So amazing we had told the kids the last day could be a kids choice day, and they all declared they wanted to come back to Epcot.

After GotG, we wandered over to France and spent time with Remy before wandering back out of World Showcase and checking in on Figment and Nemo before heading to eat at Space 220. Kids absolutely loved the atmosphere, but agree with thoughts that it’s overpriced. Think it’s a one and done for us.

Afternoon was SE, Test Track, another run at GotG with more Tear for Fears before meeting Pluto, Anna and Elsa (including DD5 making a skating date with Anna) then finishing with FEA and Soarin. We were dragging way too hard to stay for fireworks so Soarin was a lovely end

We had snacked our way through the afternoon and evening so we monorailed back in time for sleepy kids to shower and watch the end of Wreck It Ralph.

There’s of course been squabbling but so proud of my kids and holding it together throughout very busy days. We rolled the dice with no stroller on Saturday, and they did so well we tried again today. They did amazing today and haven’t missed the storage as much as in thought. Game time decision tomorrow morning on it as we head to HS!

34 Likes

Smart kids!

I love your photos!

5 Likes

I always hated going back to get the stroller. When my child was 5yo we did not take it have not looked back. They have their own bag and carry their own snacks and water and whatever else they want with the reminder it has to fit in their bag and not be too heavy.

5 Likes

My heart is melting seeing that picture of your girl and Anna, staring at each other :heart_eyes::melting_face:. I love it!

10 Likes

that is too cute! :star_struck:

3 Likes

You changed your avatar to a very bold M! I like it!

6 Likes

Great report! I also love that photo of your DD with Anna :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

So yesterday began and ended amazingly but the middle of our day was hampered by overwhelming Disney breakdowns.

We started with breakfast at Topolinos, which was our first time. It was a GORGEOUS morning so we had a fabulous view on top of having so much fun with our friends.

We rode the Skyliner over to HS and started out in Toystory Land. DD is a HUGE Jessie fan, and since she’s been a total trooper about riding everything she’s tall enough for even though she’s been telling us almost every ride is “bad”, we wanted to make sure she had fun. She was nervous but kind of loved Slinky. She adored Aliens and declared it her favorite ride ever and was also a fan of TSM. We headed towards GE to eat some snacks while we waited for our 1:15 ILL for Rise. Unfortunately, that’s where the day started to go off the rails. I got the notification that our ILL had converted to anytime due to ride being down. As we tried to figure out what to do, Kylo Ren strode by looking for spies and accused us of being part of the Resistance. Four of us laughed but DD got a bit freaked out, and one of his cast member companions came over to tell her it’s okay he’s not going to hurt us. During that break, tried to grab a ToT drop LL and couldn’t and realized that’s because it was down.

Things spiraled from there. We were going to head to MMRR, but I saw RnRC had a shorter wait so boys and i booked it that way while DH and DD did Muppets. They ended getting into standby for MMRR which turned into a 70 min standby wait and broke down for 10 minutes early in the ride. Boys and i waited 20 minutes before getting an announcement that RnRC was experiencing issues and our wait would be longer than expected and ended up ditching.

The salvaging the day began from there. DS7 wanted his face painted. I told him yes but first Mom needed a slushy (margarita). After painting, we did Muppets while we waited for DH and DD to finish MMRR. Rise was working again at that point so we rode that (and DD kind of liked it!) before heading to SciFi (one of the few places kids remembered and requested from first trip for restaurant) for Fantasmic package.

After dinner, we hung out and got some bubble wands while DH shopped before heading into MMRR with LL. Boys and i stilled wanted to ride RnRC so we headed that way and DD got her facepainted while they waited for us.

At that point, we split. DS9 was done so he and DH headed back to the hotel. DS7 had read all about Fantasmic (hadn’t seen it before) and was very excited. He, DD5 and i headed to our seats. We were in the back of the reserved but it was perfect for us. DS was so into it. During the villains part, he got so into it he shouted “Mickey! It’s a dream Mickey! You can fix it!”

After the show, I had promised DD after the show, she could ride her “favorite ride ever” again so we headed to Aliens. Kids realized line was so short we could do another ride and begged for Slinky. We got in line just in time at 8:58. So somehow, the littles and I ended up shutting down HS. They loved it and saying good night to all of the cast members. Might end up being one of my fave parts of the trip!

30 Likes

What a (mostly) fantastic day!!

6 Likes

This made me laugh-cry.

And DS7’s face on RnRC—priceless.

8 Likes

Sounds like an awesome day, even with the breakdowns! Nice :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I love this!!!

4 Likes

Shutting down HS with a ride on SDD IS great fun–there’s just something special about it.

6 Likes

Ugh! Tons of ride closures in HS makes for a rough day for anyone. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that uncommon. I’m so glad y’all were able to salvage the day and I love that you and the littles got to shut down TSL!!

7 Likes

Your DS’s face on RnR is priceless!

3 Likes

Jinx

2 Likes

I’ve always kinda felt face painting was a waste of time, money, etc. Until one AK day during our 2019 trip that was starting to be less than magical, mostly due to lack of calories.

We walked up to a late Tusker House breakfast - some 10 or 12 of us - if we could wait 20 min or so we could be seated. Faces got painted while waiting - nice, quiet activity - and the boost in morale was impressive. And I think helped make the TH breakfast even more fun.

Thank you for the memory prompt! :blush:

15 Likes

Your precious Cinderella! Love that big smile!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! :cry: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I love that you were able to salvage the day and make some awesome memories! A good reminder for all of us when we face those disappointments.

8 Likes