Lurker Does a Trip Report

Loving this trip report! Wonderful picture of your family. We are arriving on Saturday. I’ll have DS9 in tow
Along with my sister who has never been to
The wold. Your trip report has reminded me that we need to just got with the wind takes us!

6 Likes

Relatively low key day yesterday with mostly resting our tired legs. We’re not huge AK people (I know that’s blasphemy around here) so that’s a half day for us. Hit up Pandora early to get in the Avatar rides (littles haven’t seen the movies but all the ads lately made them very intrigued and we told them this was the closest they would get for now). Then we did Everest with rider swap.

DD and I got a lot of time together since she’s not 44" yet and that mostly involved watching characters drive by us on boats and Triceratops Spin multiple times in a row.

We had lunch at Y&Y before ending our day on KS. Kids had been begging for pool time so the rest of the day was pool, hotel and ended day with outside movie (Lightyear). Now we’re rested and ready to hit MK!

28 Likes

Your low-key day sounds divine! Great photos!

4 Likes

Only fair :wink:

Sounds like a fantastic day, despite all the troubles.

3 Likes

Low key days are the best!

AK is typically a half day park for me. You’re not alone.

3 Likes

Great photos! Enjoy MK!

2 Likes

I’m glad you all are having so much fun. Great pictures to go along with your report.
And I am making a game out of spotting what you’re wearing. I have those Encanto ears and the Edna Mode t-shirt as well. Wondering if I’m not the only one with a ShopDisney addiction. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Probably not. :joy_cat:

6 Likes

I really like the Poly pool slide! It’s a lot of fun.

5 Likes

So a combination of exhaustion chasing kids in Disney and frantic emails from my boss at the end of vacation turned this into a non-live trip report, but figured I’d wrap up the end of our trip finally! :slight_smile:

Wednesday
So DD was very excited for our breakfast this morning as we were getting up bright and early to have breakfast with Pooh! We had the first reservation of the morning and they sat us at the first table all the characters visit, which was so fun! Kids were so happy, and we were able to actually take advantage of the last 15 minutes of Early Entry as our breakfast went so quickly.

We hit up Tomorrowland and the boys and I did Space while DD and DH let DD “drive a car”. We then ran around and hit everything that had short waits before grabbing a LL for Buzz and heading for the exit around 11:30. DH had a work call, and we figured it was a great time to get some more pool time and leave while the crowds were getting bigger (relatively so of course).

We had initially planned to head back to MK in the early evening, but DD now had an obsession with Slinky and the Aliens ride. I had gotten Park Hoppers for this trip thinking we might want to hit up MK on our way back from other parks, but we hadn’t used them and so we figured we might as well take advantage and hop over to HS to for our late afternoon before returning to MK.

I had grabbed Slinky as our first LL that morning and then worked magic throughout the day so that by the time we got to HS around 3, we were able to ride TSM, Aliens, Slinky and MMRR all in an hour with all but Aliens having LLs. Family was thrilled with my mommy magic.

We then headed back to MK to grab other rides we hadn’t hit yet including the boys and DH riding BTMR during the fireworks, which they loved. We squeezed in one last ride on Dumbo to close out MK for the trip and headed back to bed.

Thursday
This was our last day so we had to hurriedly pack before hitting the monorail for Epcot. My biggest regret in planning this trip is that I cut us one day shorter than I had initially planned and also did a late night flight home thinking one extra day in the park without the cost of hotel. We had really wanted to stay at Poly so that was the tradeoff, but I think an extra night and day would’ve done us good. The kids were excited in theory about the day at Epcot, but by the time we got there everyone was tired and not interested in rides they were dying to do a short while before. Think we could’ve used a rest day in there to make the last day more fun. That being said, it was still a great day!

We had planned for everyone to get two more chances at Guardians. I got us BG1 and then an ILL. Unfortunately, we moved a little slow so by the time we got there at 9:45ish I knew that the line for VQ was going to take awhile. I sent DH and the boys as DD had been one and done with Guardians, while she and I went to shop. She had seen a Minnie hat our first time in Epcot and really wanted it. We give the kids a souvenir budget, but I talk them out of buying things on their first couple days because I want to make sure it’s what they really want and they don’t regret spending all their money on the first day. Well baby girl waited and waited until the last day for her Minnie hat. It was a 50th anniversary one so I was looking for it EVERYWHERE and was shocked to realize it was only in the one shop in Epcot. So we headed there first. Some cast members in the store overheard us talking about how proud I was of her for waiting for her hat and not spending her money, and gave her all sorts of love for waiting so she loved that. They also told her they were impressed that her hat matched her Raya shirt so she was the happiest girl in the world once she put it on. She and I then went to ride Frozen and used one of the ponchos I carried all week and never needed to “keep our booties dry” as DD says. So another use for your ponchos if you’re a just in case carrier like me!

After that, it was already time for our ILLs for Guardians. DS9 now also announced he was done with Guardians (they had gotten September), but DS7 wanted to ride again so he and I went on. We got Disco Inferno, which might be my fave since it was the first song I got when I rode in September. DH squeeze in one more solo ride then while we all got lunch. We then managed to convince them to do a slow walk around the world (and grab food) before we all headed over to ride Soarin one last time.

At that point, I needed to get back to meet up and return the stroller so DD and I headed back to the hotel while the boys rode Test Track. We eventually met up at Poly and had snacks before heading to the airport. (No one was happy with me when I dug out their long pants and made them change before heading to the airport.)

Wrap Up/Random Things

DH and I had talked about doing every 3 years for a trip with the family, but he has surprised himself with how much fun he’s had and agreed we should do more frequent. I still think we’re two years away due to a big trip with his parents coming up but that makes me excited he’s open to it!

I didn’t mention this until the end since I didn’t want to jinx it and the stroller believers were strong, but we didn’t end up using it. Since we had a late start on Day 1, DH and I agreed to see how DD did and she did great! Need a shoulder ride once for a very little bit but overall very happy. So next day, we said let’s see how it goes again! I was so proud of her (and we told her repeatedly). Very little complaint and it was only the very last day (when everyone was exhausted) that we regretted leaving it in the room.

Not sure how anyone else’s kids have been, but my kids were obsessed with the My Disney and making it do the character experiences. One of the first things they did when they got home is try and see if their Alexa would do it. I think I heard Miss Piggy fall down those steps 5 times a day while we were there.

DS7’s new favorite song is Everybody Wants to Rule the World and I feel like I live with an angsty teen already - it’s on a loop in his room.

That’s a wrap for me! I tend to not be a heavy poster anywhere online, but everyone is always so nice so I will try not to regress too much to my lurkery ways. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

And last few day pix!

22 Likes

OMG that pic of DS raising his hands on SDD is adorable!!!

Edit: realized that was the other kid. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t have a good one of her, but i can’t resist that pic. And he was so excited bc his “stranger” buddy was then right in front of us in line at MMRR. She was on a solo trip, and he begged her to ride with him again. They were giggle buddies both times. So appreciated her!

16 Likes

This is so precious! I frequently travel solo and I love when I get seated with little kids on coasters. They are always so fun to talk to and have the best time ever!

7 Likes

What a lovely trip report and your family is so sweet! Thank you for posting.

2 Likes