Lurker Does a Trip Report

So in the spirit of encouraging Lurkers to come out of their shell, thought I’d do my best at a live trip report.

Trip Details: Me, DH, DS9, DS7, and DD5 from 1/28-2/2 staying at Poly

We took the kids in May 2021 for the first time to “celebrate” all 5 of us getting Covid from daycare in Feb 2021. That was a magical first trip with the complete lack of crowds. The boys might have a bit of a shock at the crowds.

Kids were super excited to wake up in the middle of the night and head to DISNEY!

50 Likes

Adorable! Have the best trip! Random practical question…did you decide stroller or no stroller?

6 Likes

Have a great trip!

3 Likes

Yay!
Safe travels and have a great trip :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

We did decide to get a stroller. My daughter will still have moments where she just gets too tired and given all the walking wanted to play it safe. I also wanted water bottle and snack storage.

I’ll let you know if it ends up being worth it. (I made peace with the fact it may end up sitting at the hotel if things go well.)

20 Likes

Phew, :sweat_smile: it will :100: be worth it. My kids were 5 and 7 when we first went and I was grateful to have it. Even the 7 yo looked at it longingly at times!

9 Likes

Welcome to the other side. Looking forward to your report.

6 Likes

Yay! Great start! When did you tell your kids you were going, was there a big reveal?

4 Likes

I hope you have a great trip! Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Have a great trip!

3 Likes

One of us! One of us!

Hope you have a great trip! I just got home Thursday and the parks were extremely light on crowds all week.

13 Likes

I don’t think you will regret the stroller. We used a double with a 5 &7 year old and it helped so much in the crowds. No fear of losing the kids! Plus they could handle the walking so much better with the break in the stroller. We frequently parked in a land, explored that area and then came back to the stroller when we were done, instead of taking it and parking outside every ride. It worked great!

11 Likes

Yay! Have similar aged kids and look forward to following along.

3 Likes

Yay!! Can’t wait to follow along!

Adorable photo of your kids. That’s a such a great age to take them to WDW for character M&G.

5 Likes

Have a wonderful time at the poly!

3 Likes

100% think this was the right choice!! Our first trip my four kids were 7 and under and we had two double strollers. Pretty sure everyone on the buses hated us but they were worth it!

I’m excited to follow along! LOVE the Poly!!

8 Likes

Adorable family! I hope you have a great trip!

3 Likes

Those three look like such characters! Love that they’ve all got backpacks. :sunglasses:

The person that invents a non-stroller stuff carrier for theme parks, et al, could maybe retire to Florida, possibly, and afford an annual pass on the profits, perhaps. :smile:

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to following along! :blush:

5 Likes

Well we made it! Room’s not ready, but we’ve got our lunch reservation at Kona Cafe so off for some food.

Kids were great on the plane. Only bummer is monorail is down with no updates i can find of when it’s back up so it’ll be boat to MK (which i dont mind).

44 Likes

You all are adorable! Everyone looks so happy to be at Disney!

6 Likes