Lurker Does a Trip Report

Have a great trip! Looking forward to following along!

4 Likes

Have a great trip!

4 Likes

Everyone looks so happy. :heart:

4 Likes

I do too. I’m still trying to figure out how to get someone to push me around instead.

Have all sorts of fun!

12 Likes

Great tip!

5 Likes

Yay to no longer being a lurker!!

Your kids are adorable!

7 Likes

Catching up after a VERY long day. We had a great lunch at Kona, and we were all way too hungry after early flight to actually grab pictures of any food besides the chicken nugget sushi which DS7 was NOT into but DS5 definitely was.

Our day had a weird lull then as we sorted out items accidentally left in luggage when we left it with bell services, most importantly our magic bands. Luckily, we got the room ready notification at lunch so we had them deliver luggage to our room and then headed to the park.

Thanks to @joelbruick and ILL, I had a nice stack ready for the afternoon but the forgotten magic bands and the broken monorail turned it into more of a sprint than a leisurely welcome to Disney. I had assumed we’d be at the parks by 1:30 but waiting for luggage and boat to take us meant we were walking into MK at 2:20. I had 7DMT from 2-3 and Jungle Cruise from 2:10-3:10 so that made things a bit crazy but kids rolled with it. (Even with the grace period, those were the rides we wanted to make sure we hit on Day 1 so the walking was worth it.)

After that, we hit BTMR and HM before making all of DD5’s dreams come true. Her favorites are Dumbo and Cinderella so we hit the ride before special first night dinner with Cindy. The kids were very tired by the end of dinner, but seeing DD5’s joy as she skipped through MK in her Cinderella dress waving her wand on the way to the boat to Poly made me a little teary.

If that wasn’t enough, we got back to the room and Bluey was on (when is it not). They were playing the episode where Bluey’s mom tells the story of how Bluey learns to walk and the one Mom comes over to remind Chili she’s doing a great job as a mom. I’ve never watched that episode and not cried a tiny bit (if you know you know). My husband joked that he thinks Disney secretly makes it so Disney Jr always plays that episode at Disney so all the parents who had lost their patience that day get all choked about parenting again.

And now we all crash after unpacking. Tomorrow Epcot!

33 Likes

Oh and i almost forgot! As we walked into the hotel, a family passed along a balloon to my daughter as they were leaving. I think it was @LTinNC82 who had the amazing balloon story recently (sorry if my memory is off), and it makes me want to make passing along balloons a thing. Going to enjoy this one and pass it on if we can!

29 Likes

That’s so awesome! It was really a perfect end to my trip. I’m going to see her happy little face in my head for a long time.

12 Likes

How fun! I can’t wait to read about the rest of your trip. The Poly is my absolute favorite!

4 Likes

Wow you guys really accomplished a lot on your travel day. Your kids are troopers!! And I love the story of your DD and her Cinderella dress. What a magical memory! :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Makes me a little teary, too. Brings back memories of my daughters at that age in their princess dresses. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the moment, it passes so fast. :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

This photo sent me down a rabbit hole in pursuit of the Organist.

A composer of renown and note here reposes,
his melodies fade as he now decomposes;
He’s gone from this world of trouble and strife,
but a touch of your hand brings his music to life

Another lovely Disney detail I’ve never noticed, and another sign that I should learn to slow down and observe more at WDW.

@Amuething, your kids are a hoot!

13 Likes

Off to Epcot! We got Boarding Group 1 so off to see the Guardians.

26 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: starting the day right by doing my favorite thing!! :grin:

10 Likes

Keep an eye out for the Cosmic Generator, eh? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Everybody Wants to Rule the World @ThorKat !

21 Likes

You even got the best song!!! :tada::tada::tada::grin::grin::grin:

ETA: and thank you for following the rule and posting your song before I had to ask :wink:

13 Likes

That’s awsome! That was one of two songs we didn’t get! I bet it’s a fun one on the ride.

10 Likes

That was our first song! Or so I’m told. I was laughing with joy too much to hear music.

It was also our only song as we’ve only ridden once.

6 Likes