Long Time Lurker Attempts a Trip Report

Keroppi

6 Likes

That’s an excellent view! Our last stay at the Swan we got a theme park view upgrade. I’d much prefer this view.

5 Likes

Great to see some Rainforest Cafe love!

8 Likes

Enjoying the back side of water!

23 Likes

Oh it just dawned on me that you are at the Hilton in DS and not the Buena Vista Suites down the road a bit. I was like… how insane is this lady to walk THAT far just to prove she can? :rofl: Oops. Carry on…

10 Likes

I was starting to wonder if I’d have to tag you.

4 Likes

Went to Beaches n Cream for dinner. The original intention was to try the mini kitchen sink, but we were still overindulged from lunch so we just did entrees. We don’t have any dining reservations tomorrow, so we could always stop by and get it from the to go window at some point. Enjoyed the pool a bit more this evening

17 Likes

I can kind of see the fireworks from my room, but someone needs to tell the tree to move out of the way.

15 Likes

Ready to hit Epcot tomorrow. Planning to get there for early entry and stay till about 11:30, come back to the resort for some rest and pool time, then go back to the park from 5 till close (or as long as we can make it). Goal is to do GOTG 3 times (VQ and ILL in the morning, EEH VQ at night). Last year we rode 4 times over 2 park days and got Everybody Wants to Rule the World twice, One Way or Another once, and Disco Inferno once. We need to get I Ran and September this time.

17 Likes

How awesome! I’ve ridden it once so far and my absolutely favorite ride. Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

4 Likes

Not bad at all! Nice view!

4 Likes

21 Likes

Got BG1 and ILL for 9:10, so we can ride back to back. I had told myself to make sure to check that my Dolphin reservation was still linked in MDE before attempting to book, but of course I forgot and of course it had fallen off, so the ILL purchase got delayed a bit while I had to go in and relink, plus the usual glitchiness of MDE. But it still worked out fine. Used BG1 for the VQ, so that worked smoothly of course. Not planning to buy G+ today since we have 2 Epcot days and have DAS, but will be getting G+ tomorrow for our only HS day.

15 Likes

That is a lovely no view view!!

This is the kind of plan I follow with my family. It works great especially when it is hot. Sending I Ran and September vibes!!

Good plan. HS is the hardest park to manage IMO.

Have a great day!!

6 Likes

Would be curious to hear how the VQ with DAS works for you. I think you can go through the ILL line but I wonder if the CM asks questions or just checks if you have DAS. Don’t want to have a private convo around other people so a bit anxious about it

4 Likes

This is all they do. You simply go to CM, tell them you have DAS and that you would like to convert it to a ILL. They have to scan everyone’s band’s at least twice.

ETA – sometimes it is tricky to figure out which CM to go to at the front of the ride and it can change from day to day. Just simply ask if this is where you convert DAS to ILL.

5 Likes

I asked to do this but the cm basically said it wasn’t needed at this time and we would get into the next pre show in the regular vq line. We are entering the pre show now.

We plan to also do the evening VQ so will definitely convert that one to DAS.

9 Likes

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. And do you know if they are also flexible for das? So if I’m hours after my VQ time which seems to be fine for normal VQ for GOTG, can I still use it to convert?

4 Likes

Yes that is the advantage of BG1, getting those early BGs and going right away!

6 Likes

Thanks for the info! Have a great time on the ride :slight_smile: )

4 Likes