Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

I actually think it’s already faded quite a bit! It’s nowhere near as bright as it was a few months ago.

3 Likes

We did peoplemover (BEST RIDE), with only a 5 minute wait (predicted 20 mins), then hopped in line for Buzz, and waited just under 30 minutes. I can’t lie, I do prefer fastpass. This is a lot longer waiting in lines than we usually deal with. But I am not complaining because I am just happy to be here!!

We grabbed a Kakamora float to cool down, but then saw that Splash was back up so we took our last bites and jumped in line. Looks like it’s gonna be a long one…

25 Likes

Have all the magic!

1 Like

Envious you have a Disney obsessed travel companion!

3 Likes

Love your ring! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Me: “Keith, don’t look so upset!”
Keith: “that’s just my resting grouchy face!”

Pirates was a 30 minute wait. Not the most fun one because they have the plexiglass partitions up. I do understand what people say about feeling like they’re cattle being herded.

But! The long waits don’t bother us too much because we didn’t have any real plan for the day and I’m just happy to not be working right now. We rode 4 rides in ~4 hours, not rushing around at all. In normal times I would not be pleased with my liner abilities.

Now we are headed back to the Beach Club to see if our rooms are ready. Then we will hang by the pool for a bit, and eventually head over to Epcot for some tasty F&G treats. Give us all your best recommendations of what to get! Top of my list is an adult beverage. Preferably a beer. Mmmm….

Ooh, a question: Do we need to do anything to park hop? Or can we just show up?

15 Likes

You should search for my past trip reports, because they will tell you all about how Keith and I became Disney addicts!

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

A park hopper ticket :wink:
Otherwise, get there at your leisure!

7 Likes

Keith—who admits he is not the most style-obsessed kinda guy—keeps threatening to wear a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt to my wedding (which is actually in the Caribbean next year). I told him I wouldn’t be mad about it :joy::joy:

19 Likes

I have read your past trip reports! That’s why I’m envious you have a travel companion!

3 Likes

Even better if he showed up tricked out like Cpt. Jack Sparrow. :pirate_flag:

6 Likes

Our bus luck so far has been a solid meh. We got to the Yacht & Beach bus stop at MK just as one was pulling away, but there were people still left, so it must have been full. I think maybe it’s time to start filling the buses up a bit more—we waited a good 30 minutes for the next one.

We had our room numbers ready in the app, so we got our bags delivered and checked them out—I posted a few pics of my room above.

I think the BCV rooms are really nice! I’ve seen people comment that they look tired, but so far I think they’re pretty lovely. Plenty of space, very comfy. We are both on the first floor, which I usually don’t love, but since we’re only staying here for a night before moving to BWV, it’s totally fine and very easy.

Also, the atrium of this building is so pretty!! I am impressed so far. Keith is toying with the idea of buying a small-ish DVC resale contract here, for those very necessary March warm-up trips.

I’m at the pool, Keith is probably nodding off right about now. I might as well…

18 Likes

I think the rooms look really nice!

2 Likes

You know, funnily enough, we’ve started at Epcot for our last few trips. But it was pretty great to start by walking down Main Street.

8 Likes

So glad you are there!!! Can’t wait to follow along!!!

2 Likes

Made a lizard friend at the pool!!!

(Let me tell you it’s so much nicer to realize that the thing scurrying around on the ground is a cute lizard and not what I usually assume, being from New York—a cockroach :see_no_evil:)

Gad it’s just so pleasant here :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Fixed

3 Likes

Some cute photopass pics that have come in:

I beat Keith, but not by much!

Truly I have never seen Keith smile like this for a photo, other than when we’re in the Bubble. :heart_eyes::sob:

Had to say hi to Roy and Minnie:

Also I promise my commentary will get better tomorrow once I’ve slept. My brains are sloooowww today.

20 Likes

We got suuuuper lucky and just happened to buy new APs like mere days before they stopped selling them. So we’ve been sitting on un-activated APs for like 15 months. And boy will we put them to work this year!

11 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

Seriously they are SO UGLY WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO ME

12 Likes