Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

Well folks, the day has come. @Keith718 and I are off to The World for the first time since January of last year—but it feels like a lifetime ago! (To be fair, a lot has changed in the last year; I got a new job /and/ a fiancé in that time!) I’m currently in an Uber to LGA, for a 6:30am flight. I got about 3 good hours of sleep so I will be running on coffee and Disney magic. But who needs sleep? We’re going to DISNEY!!!

We had a ton of DVC points to use, so we’re spending a night at BCV, each in a one-bedroom villa, and then moving to BWV for 3 nights. Usually I have an obsessive, down-to-the-minute Google doc of plans, but this trip we’re hoping to smell the roses. I have some things on the to-do list, but mostly we are just going to enjoy being there—and hanging out with each other, since @Keith718 and I haven’t gotten to see each other much during the pandemic, and that sucked!

So, follow along here for what I think will be a mostly live trip report…. Here we go!

37 Likes

My goodness! We’re on the same flight as a senior class trip!

At least they all have matching ears.

15 Likes

Truly on this flight it will be me, Keith, and one hundred teenage girls. Good thing I brought headphones.

15 Likes

Can you tell how tired I am? Keith woke up at 4:00 to get from Brooklyn to LGA!

23 Likes

Have a great trip!!

3 Likes

Soooooooo excited to follow you!!!

4 Likes

That teenage girl behind @Keith718 looks like she has been THROUGH it!!!

26 Likes

I am so excited that the two of you are on the way to the world again! Enjoy using all those points and have fun!

4 Likes

Yay! Have the best time! I leave Saturday so will follow along until then!

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Weirdly, a portion of the teenage girls got on the plane, but then…. They all got off?? And now the plane is much emptier. But, what the heck?!

10 Likes

This is exciting! Have all the fun!

2 Likes

Chaperones forgot to buy tickets for themselves?

6 Likes

Yay! Safe travels. Can’t wait to follow!!

2 Likes

Ha! Can you imagine?
(There didn’t seem to be nearly enough chaperones for that many 17-18 year old girls…. Maybe they just chickened out.)

4 Likes

So it’s 95° in Orlando right now…. How long do we think we’ll last at the park before we decide to retreat to Stormalong Bay… :thinking:

Any guesses on which park we’re going to first?

• MK
  • AK
  • EP
  • HS

0 voters

4 Likes

I was too excited to wait until we landed to put on my magicband :nerd_face:

22 Likes

I put mine on when I get up in the morning before I leave home!

Your ring?? GORGEOUS! Congrats :smiley:

8 Likes

That’s cute! It makes me sad that we can’t get our MBs in advance. And it bamboozles the ME CMs.

2 Likes

Heh I laid it out with my clothes this morning :slight_smile:

Thank you!! 6 months later and I still can’t stop staring at the spaaaaarkle :star_struck:

10 Likes

Love it! Beautiful ring!!! Congrats

5 Likes