Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

The cassoulet was good and tasty but not exceptional. As always, it was a little heavy. I’d be fine ordering it again but will probably try something else next trip there.

3 Likes

Ok, suitcases acquired from Bell Services, and I’m all changed from shorts to pants (since planes are always so chilly). Where was I?

The rain had mostly stopped by the time we got out of lunch. But it was still reeeeal steamy.

This is where I think not having a plan doesn’t do you any favors—especially in Animal Kingdom. The lines were long everywhere, and since we hadn’t gotten a chance to ride FOP, we figured we may as well. Also, it looked like there was a good chance it might start storming again, so we decided there wasn’t much else to do other than wait an hour in line for FOP. And we’ve never been through the full queue, so… why not.

It’s probably not worth the wait in normal times, but it was cool to finally see the floating Navi in person. The wait was almost exactly 60 minutes. By then it was almost 4:30, and we were pooped. We said goodbye to the tree and hiked to the bus.

There was no one in line for the Boardwalk, and a Yacht Club bus was waiting there—getting on that was an excellent choice. Buses were fine this trip, but it feels like we waited longer for buses at the parks than we have in the past.

Our best idea all trip was to make a side-trek to our favorite place: Geyser Point. It was a cheap and quick Lyft over. Copper Creek is our home resort, and the moment we stepped through the doors we both went, “Ahhhhhh”—I just find that resort SO RELAXING. It’s my hands-down favorite place to stay.

We joined the walk-up list on the app, and didn’t wait more than 15 minutes. Keith got the bison burger, and I was craving something fresh, so I got the multigrain salad and a side of edamame, plus a Rogue Dead Guy Ale. That place is our Sacred Space™️.

Since it was our last night here, we Ubered back so we could pack and get ready for a super early final morning at the Magic Kingdom.

16 Likes

OK. Jafar. Amirite?!

I’ll allow it. It’s high up there for me, and I only don’t get there often because it’s a smidge out of the way.

6 Likes

Thanks for the detailed report. Seems like you guys had fun despite the rain and long lines.

Interested in your opinion of the buses to AK in the morning. I heard YC and BW share transportation, but I’m trying to understand the exact bus route to AK. Does the bus leave YC first with a last stop at BW or is it the other way around? Are there direct buses from those resorts straight to AK or do they always stop to pick up guests in other resorts? Never used Disney transportation before and want to have accurate info to rope drop FOP. TIA!

2 Likes

YC and BC (not BW) share buses. Yacht Club gets picked up first in the morning and dropped off first at the hotel. They share a bus stop at the parks but not at the hotel.

4 Likes

Okay THIS one I see :joy::joy: the rock… that’s maybe a bit of a stretch for me but I’ll allow it.

2 Likes

Love @Keith718’s Turnip shirt!! I want!

4 Likes

All of @Keith718 's shirts have been epic. Big thumbs up!

Especially the DuckTales one!

6 Likes

This info is golden! You have no idea how much time I have spent on the internet and it is all really confusing. Or maybe :thinking: just misread BC/BW…

So if I take the bus at the BW to AK it will go straight to the park? Awesome!

5 Likes

That shirt is one of my favorites. Isn’t it so great??

3 Likes

I should also say—we caught the electrical water pageant while at Geyser Point! It’s the best!

4 Likes

Okay so: our final day (sniff, sniff!)—my alarm was set for 6:10, but for whatever reason I woke up like 40 minutes early. Why body, why? Still, it was another gooooorgeous morning, and not very hot!

This trip we started and finished at MK. We caught the bus around 7:15; we had just missed one, but another came in less than 10 minutes. Keith lives in hope of finally seeing the welcome show, but I didn’t realize until this morning that it isn’t running right now. Curses! I mean, I understand why it isn’t happening, but… cmon! So instead of watching Mickey welcome us to the most magical place on earth, we rode a LOT of rides between 7:30 and 11. These were our wait times:

Once it hit like 10am, the lines had really started to grow. We were starting to majorly slow down, due to some combination of the past 4 days, the increasing humidity, and the fact that we had already been up and running around for 4+ hours already. We took it easy and did some of the more relaxing attractions. PhilharMagic was fun as always, and then we had time to kill before our reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table, so we got in line for iasw. I think there might have been a bunch of ECVs in line, so boarding was really slow. And oddly, it felt like the boats were moving through the ride much more slowly than usual. Is that possible?

OH—after riding Dumbo, we finally got the all important Mickey bar. I don’t know if I was just hungry, or if it was the sheer joy of basically having ice cream for breakfast, but ohhh my Walt-Jesus it was delicious. The perrrrfect combination of cold and creamy and sweet and chocolatey. Complete perfection.

After riding Little Mermaid, It’s a Small World, and seeing PhilharMagic, it was finally time to check in for our meal in the castle!!! This was a first for us; this is our seventh (omg… :scream::exploding_head:) trip in 5 years, and we’d never gotten to CRT! We fixed that finally. I thought lunch was delicious—some of the best food we had on the trip. We agreed that the salad was scrumptious, Keith loved his scallops, and I thought my beef tenderloin and celery root mash was extremely yummy. 10/10 would eat there again. Also, it’s just plain cool to eat inside the castle.

A series in making Keith smile for a picture (somewhat succeeding):

Once we were finished, it was time to leave. Sad, but we’ll be back in October, to finish using all those accumulated 2019 and 2020 points. I made Keith stop at one last photopass stop:

I snapped a few last pictures, and we were off to the bus back to the Boardwalk.

And that, as they say, is that! I will finish in a minute with some highlights and lowlights. Stay tuned…

23 Likes

Yes! Have the best time!

3 Likes

Great photos, again!
Nice way to wrap the trip!!

2 Likes

Well, the magic is over—our flight is gonna be REAL delayed. The weather is so bad that the plane we are supposed to get on couldn’t even land, so it was diverted to West Palm Beach to refuel :sob::sob::sob::sob:

Please send good thoughts that our flight isn’t canceled altogether. I am very worried…. :persevere:

6 Likes

patrick-bateman-cheers

4 Likes

Oh no. That’s the worst! Are you at least on the side with Cask and Larder to ease the time.

Supreme bummer!!!
Hope they get something figured out soon.

Oh no. I heard some nightmare stories from people in the airport yesterday. Hoping everything works out for you guys.

1 Like

Saying many prayers and crossing everything!

2 Likes