Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

I was thinking of you for just that reason. I do not approve of these summer storms that cause so many delays!

2 Likes

Amd we’re barely into June… ugh!

Hope you get out soon!

1 Like

I am on a plane thank god. Now we just have to get it off the tarmac and into the air… :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

6 Likes

I’m so glad you made it on to a plane! I’m assuming since you haven’t posted otherwise that you made it home. Thanks for sharing your trip!

2 Likes

Which we did. Landed in NYC around 12:30 a.m. - and it was raining here too. But home safe and sound, already missing the WDW bubble.

9 Likes

All the talk about the loud thunder and storms reminds me of August. We were there, standing in line to catch the bus back to Pop from HS, when the brightest and loudest lightning we’d ever seen struck. Turns out, we found out shortly thereafter, it was the lightning bolt that took out ROTR for a day or two. It was simultaneously incredibly gorgeous and terribly frightening!

Anyhow, glad you guys made it on the plane and arrived home safely.

So…when are you going back? :wink:

1 Like

:anguished::anguished::anguished: woah! But also I can see how that could happen because this storm was INTENSE.

October :nerd_face:

6 Likes

@hmbhmbhmb and I are returning sooner than you’d think - some piled up DVC points to use! And we’re desperately low on Disney magic after that last 15 months.

8 Likes

I’m assuming you weren’t on Southwest given your destination, but this was quite the debacle:

2 Likes

Omg no thank goodness we weren’t on Southwest—we were on JetBlue. I am SO relieved they got us out last night. Keith and I were looking up options for places to stay if they canceled our flight…

3 Likes

The one tragic downside to Geyser Point - they are no longer serving waffle fries! It’s an outrage! (Not that we didn’t eat the shoestring fries now on the menu, but still…I mourn the loss of waffle fries.)

6 Likes

That is a terrible tragedy! They were the perfect complement to the bison burger.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great trip report and all of the photos! I’m so glad you guys had fun! (BTW, it was me who questioned the condition of the rooms at BCV, but we must have just had a one-off with a not-so-clean room a few years back. Sounds like you and @Jeff_AZ were very impressed with it. Glad to hear it because we have reservations there for a maybe trip in August.) Best wishes with your upcoming wedding plans!

4 Likes

Enjoyed your report - you guys are super cute!

1 Like

I had been following your report until we arrived in the world ourselves! On our MK day 6/15 as I was walking I swore I saw Keith! At the time I thought you guys had already gone home but now I think you were there that day. Almost a liner sighting?!

3 Likes

Alas, no - our last day (at MK) was 6/14 and we flew home that night. But it’s good to know that I’ve got at least one Disney doppleganger out there!

4 Likes