Live-ish trip report with three littles! 9/2-9/12

So adorable!! Have a great day!

1 Like

The baby is just wearing a Toy Story shirt today!

13 Likes

We’ve had a good morning so far! SDD (RS), Aliens x2, and TSMM. We spent most of the morning there because it was the main priority for us today.

We also did Disney Junior Dance Party (kids loved it but it was just a few Disney characters showing their best dance moves).

We just finished up lunch at 50s and now DD5 and I are waiting for ROTR. I’ve never done it before! Crowds are definitely higher today but I’m guessing that’s because it’s Labor Day weekend. Still manageable though and we’re just trying to avoid crowds as we can.

15 Likes

ROTR impressions?!

1 Like

It was really cool! I’m actually not a real Star Wars fan but watched all nine movies the last few weeks so I’d understand everything in SWGE. I’m glad I did because I wouldn’t have understood what was happening!

After ROTR we went back to the room for nap. We came back for our DB7 mobile order - we’ve been before and really enjoy it. This time I got the kefta because I’ve seen so many good reviews and it was great. We also had an Oga’s reservation and that was super cool! I had an outer rim which was delicious. The kids had a carbon freeze. Now I’m hanging with a sleeping baby again while the big kids ride Aliens a few times.

8 Likes

Phew, that was a tiring day! After Aliens I managed to convince DD5 to ride TOT. We waited 10 mins. She wasn’t a big fan… she didn’t cry or anything but when we got off she asked if we could not do it again this trip :joy: We’re back middle.

DH loves RNRC and hasn’t had a chance to ride since before we had kids. We decided 7:30 at night would be a good time for him to jump in the single rider line… it was terrrrible. It took 45 mins for him to get on the ride. The girls just ran around the area outside the ride and had fun anyway!

After that we jumped in line for MMRR and waited about 20 mins. DD2 looooved it! That was it for the night… other than the long walk back to BWV. It’s convenient to walk but man it’s long at the end of the day. We probably should’ve tried to catch the boat.

All in all another good day! Crowds were heavier but still manageable for us and it was definitely hotter. Tomorrow is Epcot - we’re excited to sleep in a little!

15 Likes

Just noticed the girl in front of us in that pic with her mask down :roll_eyes: Glad they still gave us the pic!

That reminds me - mask compliance has been really good. I’ve hardly noticed anyone not complying. We’ve also been lucky with our meals and haven’t had anyone seated too close to us. It has felt pretty safe so far.

5 Likes

Kids slept in until 8(!) today. We had a nice slow morning at the hotel - we made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and relaxed until heading to Epcot around 10.

We did FEA first after waiting about 10 mins. Since we were close we decided to do Gran Fiesta Tour. It was a walk on of course - the kids love that one! Probably not the most efficient touring strategy but we decided it was time to hit La Cava before the crowds showed up. I got the blood orange margarita which was as delicious as always!

Lines were 30 mins for SSE and Nemo so we decided to change course and head for Figment. It was a walk-on. By then we were 15 mins from our 12:30 reservation at Garden Grill so we decided to check in early. It’s one of our favorites and was delicious. Kids love the characters there!

We’re back at the room now for nap. Crowds were pretty heavy and it was hot. We’ll be back in the park for our 4-5 Ratatouille preview and try to hit some more rides before and after dinner!

14 Likes

We rode Ratatouille! (RRA? RAT?)

It was really cute. The kids enjoyed it and technology was cool but I wouldn’t pay LL for it. We’ll try for BGs next time we come and hope for the best!

16 Likes

Great view at dinner!

12 Likes

Last update for tonight - for those doing the Ratatouille preview, you can ride as many times as you like. We went three times. They have the Remy’s pavilion area roped off and you’re checked in to the pavilion - so as long as you don’t leave you can keep riding.

After dinner at La Hacienda we rode Nemo and explored the aquarium. Always a hit with our kids.

We also hit Spaceship Earth which DD5 loved this time - she said the stars were so beautiful! Ended the night with LWTL. At this point it was raining and TT and Soarin’ both had 45 min waits so we decided to call it a night. We have another Epcot day on Wednesday so should be able to hit those with shorter waits.

Tomorrow is our rest day and we need it! We have brunch at Topolino’s but otherwise will be playing the day by ear.

10 Likes

And a pic with the whole family smiling. That never happens!

20 Likes

Today is our rest day so not much to report. We intended to sleep in this morning but DD2 was having none of that. We had a light breakfast in our room and relaxed until it was time for our Topolino’s reservation.

We walked to Epcot to take the skyliner to RR (a first for us). We enjoyed it and agreed it would be cool to stay at a skyliner resort someday.

Once we arrived we explored the resort a little. It was beautiful but seemed a little fancy for our gang with three small children. Brunch was soooo good! Definitely our favorite of the trip so far. I got the quiche and DH got the sour cream waffle and steak. He said the waffle was the best he’s ever had.

Character interactions were great too. Kids had a blast and loved their Mickey waffle dippers!

We’re taking it easy the rest of the day. Kids are napping now and we’ll probably hit the pool for a bit when they wake up and then pick up from the pizza window for dinner.

12 Likes

He’s right.

1 Like

We didn’t end up going to the pool today. There was lightning right as we were about to go so we skipped it. We’ll try to go sometime later this trip.

We relaxed in the room this afternoon and got pizza from the BW pizza window for dinner. It was pretty good - better than the pizzas they have at food courts here. After that we grabbed margaritas from Joe’s and sat on the grassy courtyard between the Inn and Villa sides of BW. The big kids ran and burned off energy while we relaxed and it was a really nice end to our day!

Tomorrow we’re finally going to MK. I can’t believe this is our 5th night and we haven’t been yet! Hoping the crowds are gone from Labor Day weekend and we can tour at a leisurely pace.

10 Likes

We were up bright and early and one of the first buses let into MK. We stopped for a photopass picture but DD5 was complaining about the sun and made this face :joy:

Once the park opened we did SDMT and decided to skip PPF because there was a 30 min wait. Then we did Pooh, Dumbo x2, and DH is on Barnstormer with DD2 now (her first rollercoaster).

13 Likes

DD2 loved Barnstormer - they rode it twice! Hopefully we have another daredevil on our hands. After that we did Little Mermaid, Tea Cups, and then stopped for a snack at Cheshire Cafe. DD2 was a fan.

We noticed the wait for Space was only 20 mins so we decided to head to Tomorrowland. DD5 and I rode first because I haven’t been on it in years. It’s fun but ouch - much rougher than I remember. Guess that’s the difference in your 20s and 30s :joy:

We just got off Peoplemover (the best!) and now I’m waiting for DD5 and DH to ride Space. Then we’re off to lunch and back to the hotel for nap.

11 Likes

Your Space picture is making me laugh because you are sitting behind your DD and holding her shoulders–I did the exact same thing when my kids were little. I had this irrational fear they would fly out of the seat and that holding them would somehow stop it from happening. :joy:

7 Likes

LOL yes I don’t know why I do that!

3 Likes

It’s like when I was little and if my mom had to slam on the brakes in the car, she would put her arm out in front of me (I think I was sitting in the front seat - the olden days) as if that would stop me from flying out the front windshield!

6 Likes