Live-ish trip report with three littles! 9/2-9/12

FoP is the best!!

That’s definitely life with a 2 year old. There’s a peace in embracing that while on vacation with the littles and it sounds like you are :heart:

Did you put in a room request? I feel like general consensus has been that room upgrades come about by NOT putting in room requests, but that always seems so risky to me :joy::joy:

1 Like

Next up was DD5 and me riding Dino.

We did Triceratops Spin with everyone. Next DD5 and DH rode Everest and then DD5 and I rode it. Usually we rider switch but not necessary today! Everything is a walk on.

Now I’m enjoying a beverage and nursing a baby while DD5 and DH ride Kali.

It’s warm today but not unbearable! Definitely manageable with fluids and fans.

17 Likes

Beautiful family. Forgive me, but I want to squeeze the baby’s cheeks. :blush: Your five year old is giving me life getting on the grown up rides.

2 Likes

About to torture DD5 with It’s Tough to Be a Bug (she’s never done it). DD2 has been spared because she fell asleep.

14 Likes

DD5 was mostly fine with ITTBAB. She didn’t like when the spiders came down from the ceiling. We finished up our morning with lunch at Tusker House. The family style meal was okay - the buffet was better. They also had us in a corner where we weren’t able to get good pictures with the characters in the background. The kids loved it though and had a blast waving.

We’ve been back at the hotel for a few hours and had a nice Disney nap (the best kind of nap). Plan for tonight is dinner at ‘Ohana and then potentially MK for a couple hours if the kids are up to it.

9 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Dinner at Ohana was great! Enjoying a Lapu Lapu with my meal is one of my favorite things to do at Disney. DD2 didn’t eat a single bite of food until dessert showed up. Good thing she’s free!

The plan was to head to MK after dinner so we went to the bathrooms and got the girls changed into more park appropriate clothes, went down the elevator… and noticed that there was torrential downpour. DH had taken all our ponchos out of my bag because he didn’t think we’d need them :woman_facepalming:t2: We called an audible on going to MK and decided to head back to the resort (which unfortunately required two buses). We got a little drenched running out to the bus depot but didn’t wait for either bus.

All in all today was a great day! We didn’t wait for a single ride - everything was a walk on. Buses were good too. We either waited less than 5 mins or there was already a bus waiting.

Tomorrow we’re heading to HS! The main goal is to hit TSL in the morning and then we’ll play it by ear until lunch. I’m trying to talk DD5 into going on TOT with me - it’s my favorite ride in all of DW! It’s the only ride that she’s hesitant about (she rode it at 3 and 4 yo without issue). Not gonna force it though and I’ll just go by myself if needed.

14 Likes

I didn’t! The only thing I did was check the “near elevator” box because some of the DVC rooms are a long walk from the lobby. We’re not super close but not far at all.

2 Likes

And this is why it rained. I blame your DH. The moment you don’t have the ponchos is when you’ll need the ponchos. Right @Jeff_AZ??

Yay for an otherwise great day! Your girls are too cute!!

10 Likes

Ugh why can’t the fates smile on us pathetic humans from time to time! :rofl:

5 Likes

Good morning! I hope you have a great day at HS!

3 Likes

Got boarding group 32 this morning! We’re in HS and I’m waiting for DH and DD5 to get off SDD. We were among the first people waiting to get in but got stuck behind two sets of people with magic bands not working. Really frustrating seeing tons of people getting into the park ahead of us but oh well!

25 Likes

So I was pretty sure they couldn’t get any cuter and then you post this?

Dying! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Have a great time!

1 Like

We got an upgrade last trip because they couldn’t meet our room request - we booked standard, so did my parents, we wanted to be in the same building, ideally building 4 (POFQ) and we both got upgraded to river view.

1 Like

Oh my gosh your kids are so cute! Those outfits are the best! Is the baby Disney bounding too?

1 Like

What an amazing first day!

1 Like

Too cute!!

1 Like

I cannot with those dresses. So cute!

3 Likes

OMG, so cute!!!

1 Like