Live-ish trip report with three littles! 9/2-9/12

Each decade it gets a little rougher to handle lol

4 Likes

In 1980 they sat the child in the parent’s lap and put a seat belt around both of them. I far prefer the current option!

3 Likes

My mom did the same. But I’m surprise yours did. I’m significantly older than you.

3 Likes

I did that with my kids and I’m younger than you! Though my kids are older than yours.

3 Likes

Uh, excuse me, unless you actually did fly out of the window, it sounds to me as if your mother was incredibly successful!

Signed,
A Mother who also saved her children, her purse, and various other objects from crashing into the dashboard using nothing more than a puny seatbelt and her stronger-than-steel forearm

13 Likes

:joy: you are hilarious!

I honestly think that’s some kind of womanly intuition bc I do it too and I don’t even have children.

7 Likes

:rofl: One of a mother’s many super powers!

4 Likes

Just getting settled in after a night at MK. We had dinner at CRT and it was much better than expected. I’ve seen lots of reviews about it being mediocre but we all enjoyed it. DH and I both got the beef tenderloin and the girls enjoyed their very fancy Mac and cheese.

After dinner we finished the rest of Fantasyland. In order we did Carousel, IASW, Philharmagic, and PPF. We waited about 20 mins for PPF and everything else was a walk on. At this point the crowds were starting to pour in for Boo Bash and the hub was packed with people waiting for HEA. We decided to call it a night and caught a few minutes of fireworks from the bus stop before taking an empty bus home.

We feel good with what we accomplished today. We knocked out all of Fantasyland and most of Tomorrowland. When we head back on Thursday we’ll focus on Adventureland and Frontierland.

Tomorrow is our second Epcot day. We’ve done everything we want there other than TT and Soarin’ so we should be able to take it easy and repeat some rides.

13 Likes

We’re waiting for the park to open at the IG. DD5 and I are heading to TT and Soarin’ while DH takes the little kids to FEA and Gran Fiesta Tour.

12 Likes

A little late on updating today! Our morning did not go according to plan but was still great. We were let free at IG at 10:30 and DD5 and I raced to TT while DH took the little kids to FEA. TT didn’t start running until about 10:50 and we were one or the first groups on. DD5 built a super girly car.

DH and DD/DS got through FEA and Gran Fiesta Tour and made it to the Land before us so we decided he should go on Soarin’ as his reward for dealing with the challenging kids. He took DS out of the carrier to hand to me… and we discovered a massive blowout (sorry to the non-parents). It was all the way up to his neck. Needless to say we threw his outfit away. I handled that while DH and DD5 rode Soarin’ and also got DD2 (our hangriest kid) a snack.

Once they got off Soarin’ we did LWTL. DD5 and DD2 have loved that ride this trip - it’s been one of their favorites! Then it was time for lunch at San Angel. The food isn’t great to us but we always enjoy it for the ambience and margaritas. We were lucky and were right on the water today.

The food was okay - we can get much better at home. But the view and margaritas were great! I had two and now I’m ready for a nap :slight_smile: We’re back at the hotel for a rest and will head back to the park for dinner and more rides.

The crowds seem MUCH lower today. I’ve never seen the walkways through the WS so empty.

13 Likes

Whyyyyy

6 Likes

Boooooooooooo

2 Likes

We woke up from nap and noticed it was drizzling a little so grabbed our ponchos and stroller cover and made the trek to dinner. Dinner was at Via Napoli - we always enjoy it but I know people either love or hate it. During dinner it was pouring rain outside but seemed to subside as we were finishing so we ponchoed up and carried on.

The kids really wanted to do SSE and Figment again so we hit both of those. Unfortunately by the time we got out of Figment it was pouring again… there were puddles 6+ inches deep in the walkways. For some reason we couldn’t get wait times to pull up on MDE so we gambled and decided to head to FEA in the rain. Luckily it was a walk on when we arrived. The girls love that ride so I’m glad we got to do it one more time! After that we called it a night.

We have an early morning at MK tomorrow. I think we’ll try to hit BTMRR and Splash first thing and then knock out the rest of Adventureland/Frontierland.

8 Likes

That’s such a great photo of kissing the baby!

1 Like

Forgot to update before nap today! We caught a later bus (around 8:15) to MK this morning because we weren’t doing SDMT. Crowds have been really low today so I’m glad we didn’t get up super early.

We went to BTMRR and Splash first thing today - DH rode both with DD5 while I hung out with DD2 at the play area. We were the only ones there.

Once they were done I rode BTMRR with DD5. Next we went to Pirates - all these rides were walk-ons!

We then took a Dole Whip break (prob DD2’s favorite part of the day).

Then we went to HM where we hit our first wait of the day but only about 10 minutes. Unfortunately when we got off the ride it was raining again :weary: We put ponchos our hit a few of the kids’ favorites before lunch (IASW and Pooh).

The kids weren’t amused :rofl: We had BOG for lunch which was delicious (but expensive). I hope they bring the QS lunch and breakfast back but I’m not optimistic. We headed back to the hotel for nap time after lunch - I’ll update the rest of our day tonight when we get back to the hotel!

10 Likes

Wait a play area was open?! Awesome! I don’t know where that play area is, but maybe that’s why it’s open. Not much traffic :laughing:

Re: the blow out, all I can say is thank goodness he was facing in instead of out! Was the Ergobaby okay or did it get hit too?

3 Likes

We started off our night with dinner at Jungle Nav Co. Skipper Canteen (why is that name sooo long?). We ate there a few years ago and weren’t impressed but I see rave reviews all the time so we decided to give it another try. We ordered the cheese bread for appetizer and it was so good. DH and I both ordered the Thai noodles and the kids both got crispy chicken tenders. We all really enjoyed our meals (and I was stealing pieces of the kids’ chicken because it was delicious!). We’ll definitely be back. We must’ve caught it on a bad night the first time.

After dinner we rode Magic Carpets of Aladdin - one of DD5’s favorites for some reason. Then we headed over to Tomorrowland to finish out our night. We did Laugh Floor, Buzz, Space x2, and ended with Peoplemover. We intended to leave before HEA but got on Peoplemover 5 mins before it started. We ended up seeing the first part of HEA from Peoplemover which was super cool. DD5 of course wanted fo finish watching it so we did that from close to the park exit to stay away from the crowds.

DD2 was in a mood tonight - she’s a daddy’s girl and just wanted him to hold her alllll night. She threw a tantrum when we tried to put her in the stroller getting off Peoplemover. leaving the park, and getting on/off the buses. Clearly she’s tired so we’re changing plans for tomorrow. We were going to rope drop AK but we’ll sleep in a little and then go. Our priorities for the day are FOTLK, KS, and EE and we shouldn’t have problems knocking those out with a late arrival.

13 Likes

It’s right outside Splash! It wasn’t open when we went in November so not sure how long it’s been open.

But yes the ergobaby did get hit :grimacing: That makes 3/3 of my kids having a blowout in that thing. Thankfully we’re in a DVC room and have a washer/dryer!

4 Likes

We had a pretty chill day today! I previously mentioned that we were planning to sleep in today but DD2 decided 7:00 was late enough for her. We slowly got ready, headed to AK, and arrived around 8:45. First stop was KS. It was drizzling when we got on so the animals were pretty active! And more importantly DD5 got to see her favorite animal (giraffe).

We were planning to do FOTLK next but DDs decided they’d rather see some gorillas.

Next up was EE. DD5 and I rode first and then DD5 and DH. She likes the front row and it was walk-on so we were able to request and get it both times.

We were pretty tired from a late night at MK so we decided to go to lunch at Satu’li Canteen and head back. When we went inside to grab our food they told us we were randomly selected as the family of the day! I had no idea this was a thing… they had a big, private table with all our food (and bonus cupcakes). Although simple, it was a really nice surprise!

After lunch we decided drinks at Nomad Lounge sounded nice… but unfortunately I hesitated too long and the walk-up list went from 5 to 60 mins. Oh well - we’ll try to go next time!

As usual, we headed back to the hotel for nap. Here’s some squishy sleeping baby cheeks.

21 Likes

After nap we relaxed in our room - DD5 caught up on schoolwork and I did some laundry. We had a B&C dinner reservation (a first for us).

Dinner was solid - I had a grilled cheese and tomato soup. Maybe I was just super hungry but it was delicious. We all got ice cream/shakes for dessert also but honestly I was more impressed with the food. I’m not a big sweet person, though - I’ll take salty carby food over dessert any day. The girls did not agree :rofl: DD5 told me her favorite part of the day was ice cream.

Now we’re settled in for the night. Tomorrow is our last day (noooo) and we’ll be at HS. We’re planning to do the girls’ favorite rides (SDD, Aliens, and MMRR) and maybe catch an early lunch. I snagged a last minute Oga’s reservation for tomorrow night around closing so that will be the last thing we do. I’m excited to walk out of an empty park after closing and see SWGE after dark.

13 Likes